College of Education and Human Development
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Welcome to the School of Teacher Education and Leadership!
Radford University was founded as a Normal School for teachers in 1910 and has remained a leader in teacher education ever since. Today, the School of Teacher Education and Leadership is defined by our strong partnerships with public schools and our diverse programs that prepare teachers and administrators to serve children from birth through grade 12. The School is part of the College of Education and Human Development, whose reputation is nationally renowned for preparing responsive and engaged professionals who teach, lead and serve.
Our candidates become highly skilled and participate in practical experiences in their fields of study. Our faculty feature expertise and research agendas in areas such as high impact teaching strategies, cultural responsiveness, instructional technology, globalization of the curriculum and interdisciplinary teaching.
Our education programs in early childhood/early childhood special education, elementary, middle, special education, gifted, deaf and hard of hearing, educational leadership, reading, science, math and social studies allow us to match our resources to needs of school districts and to model research-based practices.