College of Education and Human Development
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Recreation, Parks and Tourism
The mission of Recreation, Parks and Tourism (RCPT) is to develop effective leisure service professionals in the areas of leadership, scholarship, and service.
The philosophy of RCPT is to academically engage students through diverse learning opportunities with an emphasis on experiential learning. This approach specifically targets the development of professional competences in the areas of:
- foundational knowledge
- program leadership
- administrative and management functions
- professional skills and behavior
Emphasis is placed on developing the students’ critical thinking skills as the foundation for competency development. The ultimate goal is to produce effective leisure service professionals who are able to address the diverse challenges faced by contemporary society.
Welcome to the Department of Recreation, Parks and Tourism. We offer three academic concentrations:
RCPT in the News
Freshman Sean Walker has won trophies, medals and an MVP honor while competing around the United States and internationally in goalball, a sport in which participants have some degree of visual impairment.
Recreation, Parks and Tourism majors recently participated in a five-day workshop to learn to be leaders in the Radford University Adventure Based Learning Experiences (RU ABLE) program.
$1 million grant, professors highlight Radford’s recent media appearances.
The College of Education and Human Development recognized and honored many of its students during the college's ninth annual awards ceremony May 5 in the Bonnie Hurlburt Auditorium.