College of Education and Human Development
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Dr. Melissa Grim, MCHES
Dr. Grim received her doctorate and master of arts degrees in Health Behavior from The Ohio State University. She attended Bowling Green State University, where she earned her Bachelor of Science in Education (specialization - exercise science).
Dr. Grim co-authored a chapter in SOPHE's textbook, Health Promotion Programs: From Theory to Practice, now in its 3rd edition. In the most recent edition, Dr. Grim also serves as co-editor. Dr. Grim co-edited The Health Education Specialist: A Companion Guide for Professional Competence, published by The National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. and is in her second term on the Board of Directors for the Community Health Center of the New River Valley.
Dr. Grim's expertise and interests include planning and evaluating public health interventions to increase physical activity as well as increasing retention of college students.