College of Education and Human Development
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Health and Human Performance (HHP) programs prepare students to be leaders in the promotion of physically active and healthy lifestyles in today’s society. A diverse range of program offerings in areas of physical and health education teaching, health education and health promotion, sport management, fitness strength and conditioning, health and exercise science, allied health science, athletic training and nutrition and dietetics allow students to pursue careers in specialized content areas as well as broad-based programs of study.
The academic programs in physical and health education, athletic training education, and nutrition and dietetics lead to licensure and are accredited by their professional bodies. Nutrition and dietetics students must complete an internship after completing the degree to obtain certification.
The majority of HHP programs require 120 hours of coursework (with the exception of the teacher licensure program) and include extensive field experiences such as internships or student teaching. We also offer minors in contemporary content areas, including coaching, self-defense, sport administration and exercise science.
Our Majors and Concentrations
- Allied Health Science (B.S.) Major
- Athletic Training (B.S.) Major
- Exercise, Sport and Health Education (B.S.) Major
Students are encouraged to join the Health and Human Performance Club, Athletic Training Club, or the Physical Therapy Club. This club provides many informational activities and events which are great opportunities for meeting students and working with people in the community. Contacts for the clubs mentioned above are listed below.
Athletic Training Club – Emma Hanson - email@example.com
Health and Human Performance Club – Chase Thompson - firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Therapy Club – Adanna Cheek - email@example.com