College of Education and Human Development
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The Appalachian Regional & Rural Studies Center (ARRSC) provides students with an understanding of the heritage, environments, and cultures of the Appalachian region. Moreover, ARRSC faculty and support personnel engage in various forms of community outreach and are available to support student and public research. The Center is located in Cook Hall 229 and ARRSC personnel can be reached on the main phone line, 540-831-5366.
News & Events
Appalachian Studies Director Theresa Burriss talks on With Good Reason radio about her role as U.S. co-chair of the 2019 Appalachian/ Carpathian Mountain Conference.
Radford University’s Appalachian Regional and Rural Studies Center and Georgetown University’s Baker Center for Leadership and Governance collaborated this summer to offer students a three-day interactive program called Hoyas and Highlanders: Deconstruct the Rural-Urban Divide.
A small group of students spent spring break planting trees on reclaimed land of an abandoned coal mine in central Kentucky.