The Waldron College of Health and Human Services is a destination of choice for students in health-related professions. Graduates are prepared for careers in the high-demand fields of nursing, speech-language pathology and audiology, physical therapy, occupational therapy and social work. Waldron College's excellent faculty, small class sizes and state-of-the-art technology are hallmarks of the exceptional education its students experience.
What Makes Waldron College Unique
- "Best RN Programs in Virginia," RegisteredNursing.org, 2017-2019
- "Best Graduate Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice," U.S. News & World Report, 2020
- Communication sciences and disorders (2014-2018), occupational therapy (2014-2018) and physical therapy (2018) graduates consistently boast 100 percent pass rates on certification exams. Additionally, 100 percent of communication sciences and disorders students and occupational therapy students graduate with offers of employment.
- The Master's (M.A./M.S.) education program in speech-language pathology is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA).
- The Doctor of Physical Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- The Occupational Therapy Assistant program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- The Master's of Occupational Therapy (MOT) program at Radford University Carilion is fully accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy (ACOTE).
- The Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and is reviewed and monitored by the Professional Advisory Council.
Your Support Makes a Difference
Recruiting and retaining the most qualified and passionate students are important to turning an excellent program into an extraordinary one. Waldron College students have rigorous programs of study that include labs and clinical hours. Their success requires time to focus on their academics without the additinoal demands of working long hours to finance their education. They also need the added value of experiences that enhance their education, including learning abroad, presenting at conferences and practicing outside the classroom.
SUPPORT WALDRON COLLEGE
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Scholarships aid in recruiting the most qualified students, while providing an opportunity for students to focus on their studies.
Funds for Student Travel
Attending and presenting at conferences, international learning opportunities and internships encourage students to be global citizens and prepare them to be well-rounded practitioners after graduation.
Endowed professorships boister the University's reputation for academic excellence and attract world-class faculty to Radford University.
Support for Emerging Technologies
Exposing students to innovative ideas and cutting-edge technology will better position graduates for careers in the healthcare industry in an increasingly technological world.
Waldron College Excellence Fund
Waldron College students have everyday needs. Your financial support helps address critical priorities for students and academic programs.
"As I complete courses in the Communication Sciences and Disorders program, my passion for this field continues to grow. One day I hope to become a Speech Language Pathologist and specialize in caring for children with cleft lips and palates. I feel fortunate that my area of interest will allow me to serve my community and help children communicate easier. Thanks to scholarship support, the journey toward my goal is less stressful."