The College of Education and Human Development (CEHD) prepares students to become effective agents of change. The focus of CEHD's 32 programs is on developing engaged professionals who are responsive to the needs of communities, families and individuals. CEHD students are "professionals in training" with a commitment to helping others. Their education is enriched by dedicated faculty, who partner with practitioners to implement preparation programs grounded in the daily realities of the profession.
What Makes CEHD Unique
- The Athletic Training program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- The School Counseling and Clinical Mental Health Counseling programs are fully accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP, the premier accrediting body for graduate counseling programs.
- The didactic program in Nutrition and Dietetics is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
- The Recreation, Parks and Tourism program is accredited by the National Council on Accreditation for Park, Recreation and Leisure Services.
- The Outdoor Recreation and Leadership concentration is accreditated through the Wilderness Education Association.
- The School of Teacher Education and Leadership programs are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and approved by the Virginia Department of Education.
Your Support Makes a Difference
CEHD attracts students who have a strong commitment to serving others. They receive an exceptional education that gives them the necessary skills to enter the workforce as highly trained, caring professionals. They balance rigorous class schedules and many hours of study with field and practicum experiences. Their success requires time to focus on academics without the additional demands of working long hours to finance their education. They also need the added value of experiences, which enhance their education, including learning abroad, undergraduate research and internships.
"Radford University is equipped with hardworking faculty and staff, a group of welcoming students and resources that are accessible. All of these aspects create a community in which people can belong, grow and thrive."
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Scholarships aid in recruiting the most qualified students, while providing an opportunity for students to focus on their studies.
Attending and presenting at conferences, international learning opportunities and internships encourage students to be global citizens and prepare them to be well-rounded practitioners after graduation.
Endowed professorships boister the University's reputation for academic excellence and attract world-class faculty to Radford University.
Programs like Teachers for Tomorrow, which addresses the critical teacher shortage, and Health Works, which addresses the need for healthcare professionals, help high school students get on track to receive the necessary college education for work in these fields. Radford University partners with these programs to offer educational opportunities for these students.
Exposing students to innovative ideas and cutting-edge technology will better position graduates for careers in an increasingly technological world.
CEHD students have everyday needs. Your financial support helps address critical priorities, such as food, shelter and medical costs and allows students to focus on their education.