Alumni Directory Project
The Radford University Alumni Association has partnered with Publishing Concepts (PCI) to publish a Radford Alumni Directory. PCI will verify the accuracy of alumni data currently on file. You will soon be receiving postcards and emails asking you to call and verify your data. The telephone number found on the postcard or email is designated for you only. When you call to verify your data, you will be offered the opportunity to purchase a printed or digital directory as well as Radford University Alumni merchandise. You are under no obligation to purchase anything. Our ultimate goal is to verify and update our alumni data so that you will continue to receive our e-newsletter and event updates.
PCI is a trusted partner of Radford University and is strictly using our alumni contact information for this project only. They will not retain this information nor will they share it with third-party vendors.
All graduates are encouraged to call PCI to update their information in the new directory by November 27, 2020. If you have yet to participate, please call 1.800.872.1805. For more information, please review the frequently asked questions below. Thank you for your support. Go Highlanders!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information and said they were working with Radford University. Is this a legitimate project or is it a scam?
It’s legit! We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for almost 100 years.
This project allows Radford University to receive important updates to our database so we can better serve our alumni.
2. Does Radford University benefit from this at all?
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – preserves the history of our school
- Revenue – generates non-dues revenue for alumni programs
- Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
3. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law. Upon completion of the project, PCI will redact PII (Personal Identifiable information) from any and all electronic files that we have supplied or were produced by PCI in connection with the production of the directory.
4. I would like to verify or update my information. How may I do this?
- If you received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a real, live human being representing the Radford University project. They will verify the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed.
- If you received an email with an embedded link, simply click the link to go to the online site to review your information.
- If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated Radford University update line at 1-888-850-5419.
5. Can I choose what information prints in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative if you prefer any of your information be excluded. You can also communicate your preferences to PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / email@example.com or to the Alumni Association directly.
6. Can anyone purchase a directory?
The Radford University Alumni Directory is available for sale only to Radford University alumni. You will be listed in the directory whether you decide to purchase a copy or not.
7. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project at the end of June of 2020, the directories will be distributed in early July of 2021.
8. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1.800.982.1590 / firstname.lastname@example.org and they will take care of this for you.