Frequently Asked Questions

How do I make a gift?
There are a few options.

Give online now

Mail a check to:
Office of University Advancement
Radford University
P.O. Box 6893
Radford, VA 24141

Make a gift by phone:

Why does Radford need private funds, isn’t it a publicly funded state university?
Radford University does receive funding from the Commonwealth of Virginia; however, only a percentage of the university’s needs are fulfilled through state support. The private support of donors is an integral part of Radford’s ability to educate undergraduate and graduate students.

Who donates?
Radford University receives gift from various constituencies, including alumni, parents of current and former students, friends of the institution, corporations and foundations and current RU students.

What are the priorities/activities to which I can designate a gift?
The number one priority for Radford University is the student. Donors can make an impact on current and future students by contributing to the Radford University Endowed Scholarship Fund, or by making a gift to the university’s Radford Fund. Donors can also give to the individual college, program or organization that they feel most closely associated. Learn more.

How can I establish a scholarship?
An endowed scholarship can be created with a gift of $25,000 or more. For more information please contact the Advancement office at 540-831-5407.

How do I get a copy of my tax receipt?
All donors will receive a gift acknowledgement, which includes a gift summary to be used for tax purposes.

What are my rights as a donor?
Radford University follows the CASE (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) Donor Bill of Rights.

What is the university’s goal for raising scholarship funds?
In a given year Radford University students receive more than $90 million in financial aid awards, and the university’s goal is for every student to fulfill their potential regardless of their financial situation.

Can I make a confidential donation?
Yes. Donors can remain anonymous in university recognition publications; however, all gifts must be reported by Radford University to the IRS.

What if I want to talk to someone about giving, who can I reach out to?
Potential donors can contact the Office of University Advancement by calling 540-831-5407.

Can I access my giving history?
To access giving history a donor should contact the donor stewardship department by phone at 540-831-5167.

How can I get more involved with fellow alumni?
Visit the Office of Alumni Relations online or call 1-888-4RUGRAD.