Goals of Academic Advising
- Assisting students in developing an educational plan consistent with the life goals and objectives (alternative courses of action, alternate career consideration and selection of courses).
- Assisting students in developing decision-making skills.
- Providing accurate information about institutional policies, procedures, resources, requirements and programs.
- Making referrals to other campus or community support services.
- Assisting students in evaluation or re-evaluation of progress toward established goals and educational plans through monitoring processes.