The advisee is an equal partner in the advising process. As an advisee, you are ultimately responsible for your educational choices and decisions. You are expected to:
- Clarify personal values, abilities, interests, and goals for academics and life.
- Contact and schedule regular appointments with your advisor each semester as required or when in need of assistance.
- Prepare for advising sessions and bring appropriate resources or materials. You are to maintain your own Advising Portfolio, including your educational plan and other details.
- Come prepared to your registration advising session with a planned schedule for the forthcoming semester.
- Become knowledgeable and adhere to institutional policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Access and use Starfish for academic updates, notes from faculty and academic advisors, registration updates, and other purposes.
- Read your Radford University email and other important communications from the University and your advisor.
- Accept final responsibility for all decisions made and acquiring graduation requirements.