Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
Radford University is a partner in the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center located at One Partnership Circle, in Abingdon, Virginia. Undergraduate, graduate, and certificate classes are offered at different times over the course of a year, as well as special workshops for professionals.
Educational Cohort Offerings at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
- M.S. in Strategic Communication. The next cohort begins Fall 2023. This cohort is also offered at New College Institute in Martinsville and the Southern Virginia Higher Education Center in South Boston.
- M.S. in Literacy Education and the Reading Specialist Certificate. The next online cohort begins Fall 2023.
- Radford University Educator Information Sessions. Graduate Program Coordinators will be in breakout rooms to discuss the following 100 percent online programs: Curriculum and Instruction (M.S.); Mathematics Education (M.S. & Certificate); Ed Leadership (M.S.); Literacy Ed (M.S. & Certificate); Special Ed (M.S.), Education (Ed.D.) Reduced tuition rate for Virginia Educators pursuing master’s level work is available and some programs have grant funding opportunities.
- Radford University Carillion Spring Open House. Join us for the Spring 2023 Graduate College Open House at Radford University Carilion (Roanoke, VA) to learn more about our Master's and Doctoral programs. Some programs are offered 100% online -- perfect for working professionals in Southwest Virginia!
- M.S. in School Counseling. Current cohort running through Spring 2025.
Radford University offers a wide range of online degree options. Visit our website for more information.
Professional Development Opportunities
In person at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
Survey Research in Communication Studies. March 3, 9:00 am - 4:00pm. Registration is now open!
DESMOS for Algebraic Concepts. March 31, 9:00am-4:00pm. Registration is now open!
Making Decisions and Navigating Risks. June 1, 7:30am-11:00am Registration is now open!
Elementary Math: Integration of Visual Representations and Manipulatives in the Elementary Classroom. This is a three part zoom series. Free to attend but registration is required!
Summer and Fall Professional Development Coming Soon!
We welcome suggestions for trainings!
Please e-mail suggestions to email@example.com.
Radford University at the Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
1 Partnership Circle
Abingdon, VA 24210
Dr. Theresa Burriss
Director of Academic Outreach, Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center
Ms. Amanda Baldwin-Estep
Site Coordinator for Academic Outreach, Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center