Summer 2010 Governors School
|Assignment 1||1) If you haven't already set
up a free GoogleSites page.
2) Create a "freewebs" account (Or an equivalent free hosting account).
Optional FREE hosting:
Simulation: Step 1
Simulation: Step 2
Setting up Lime Domains account:
Simulation: Lime Domains Tutorial
|Assignment 2||Create a basic HTML/XHTML
page about yourself. Provide the following information:
1) A picture of something important to you (a pet, place, landmark,
building, vehicle, etc). The picture must be your property
2) Create a title for your page (using the title tag)
|W3C School More information about adding an image to an HTML document.||HTML
Simulation: Tutorial 1
Simulation: Tutorial 2
Simulation: Tutorial 3
Simulation: Tutorial 4
|Assignment 3||Introduction to Adobe Dreamweaver
1) Create a basic web page and name it "index.html"
|Assignment 4||Using Adobe Dreamweaver CS4
to create a website.
1) Create a link to the bio.html page created earlier (relative link).
2) Create a page and call it mywork.html.
|Assignment 5||Looking at Artificial
Intelligence and Ambient technologies.
Computers as social actors (CASA Computers as Social Actors paradigm)
Using Adobe Dreamweaver CS4
to create a spry dropdown menu..
|PART 1: |
Part 1: Creating a banner (using Adobe Photoshop)
1) Creating Static Banners Using Adobe Photoshop
2) Create 5 static banners - goal is to communicate a message via static graphics display (example: a product, theme, cause, etc). Each banner should consists of at least four layers or more.
3) Create a page in
Dreamweaver and name it "banners.html" and create a link
on the "mywork.html" page and call it "Banners."
4) Save each banner as a .jpg file and name each accordingly (example banner1.jpg, banner2.jpg, etc.).
FREE Copyright Free Images
Digital Story Telling examples using still images:
*American Photography: A century of Images (PBS Website)
Vincent van Gogh Gallery (Website-still images)
Vincent van Gogh : Starry Night (Video)
Simulations: Rectangular Marquee tool.
Simulations: Eliptical Marquee tool.
Simulations: Selecting a Color Range.
Simulations: Magnetic Lasso tool.
Simulations: Magic Wand tool.
Simulations: Moving selections between images
Working with Adobe Flash
Part 1: Intro to Adobe Flash
2) Publish (save/export) the slide show as "photoessay.html" to your web folder for upload to Freewebs.com.
Create an Intro page for "mywork.html"name the page "index.html"
Photo Essays (Time Magazine/CNN)
Photo Essays (http://www.jansochor.com/)
Photo Essay (UNICEF)
Photo Essay (U.S. Department of Defense)
Photo Essay (All Africa)
Photo Essay (Magnum Photos)
Creating Animated Banners Using Adobe Photoshop
1) Create 5 animated banner examples
Copyright Free Music:
Royalty Free Music (http://www.royaltyfreemusic.com)
Simulation: Importing the partially created static JPG banner
DOWNLOAD: Gas can image
Digital Story Telling: seven tips (Website)
Working with video clips