DoIT Launches Beta of New MyRU Portal
The Division of Information Technology (DoIT) launched the first phase of a new MyRU portal on Sept. 16. The completely reimagined portal provides users with streamlined access to business functions within a fresh new interface. To check out the new portal, visit http://myru.radford.edu and find a link that allows you to log into the new portal. Most functionality will be in place and you can complete tasks within the new portal without having to log into the old portal. Some of the significant changes include:
- Elimination of "content channels." The new, streamlined portal houses functions that require you to login to get access to information or to complete business functions. "Content only" channels have been eliminated; you should visit departmental websites to find information about hours, upcoming events and forms that do not require authentication.
- A clean, easy-to-use interface. The new interface was designed to make it easy to navigate the portal. "Tabs" have been consolidated into pages that can be accessed by clicking on the page's icon on the "Welcome" screen. The icons will make it easier to use the portal on a mobile device (full mobile optimization of the portal is expected in a future phase of the project).
- Consolidated Quick Links. On the old portal, you had to navigate to various "tabs" to find specific Quick Links. In the new portal, look for the "Quick Links" option in the top navigation. You'll find a drop down menu that takes you to a page with Quick Links sorted by category. Think something is missing? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enhancements for students. Students will be able to see all their financial information on the "Finances" page and update their contact information, their RU Alerts profile and their emergency contact information from a single portlet.
- Enhancements for faculty. Faculty will find enhanced portlets on the Teaching page. These portlets let you see your schedule at a glance. You will also find a portlet that allows you to view a class roster or email your class – all from a single screen.
- Enhancements for employees. Employees will find portlets that allow them to submit a timecard or approve a timecard – all from the same page.
It's important for us to note that, although it is beta, if you update your contact information, pay a bill or perform any other function in the new portal, the updates will be permanent in Banner. We anticipate phasing out the current MyRU portal by late fall.
We will be seeking your feedback on this "beta" version. After you log into the new portal, you'll find a link to our feedback form in the Quick Links. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.