Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
The clinical education program supports the program’s mission in the following ways:
- Provides opportunities for students to practice and hone skills and abilities learned within the program’s didactic coursework
- Clinical experiences are required to be diverse
Students are required to participate in three (3) unpaid 12-week full-time clinical experiences as part of their professional education as shown below:
- Year 1: 12-week placement mid-May to early August
- Year 2: 12-week placement mid-May to early August
- Year 3: 12-week placement generally January to mid-April
The program currently has clinical agreements with clinical sites throughout the United States and internationally. Students will be required to seek accommodations outside of the immediate Roanoke area for their clinical placements and should plan accordingly for housing and travel expenses. It is recommended that students budget an additional $3,000-$5,000 for clinical travel, accommodations, etc.
Please contact Radford University’s Financial Aid Office here regarding requests for additional funding to cover living expenses.
Class of 2014:
Wesley Dubose - "I was expertly prepared for the board exam and for my professional experience because of the training I received at RU."
Class of 2015:
Jared Casazza - "I am very thanful for the thorough education that I recieved because without all the challenges I would not be nearly as confident in my practice as I am today."
Class of 2016:
Alison Phillips - "Without a doubt, being part of the RUDPT program is one of the best decisions I have ever made."