News and Events
A small group of students spent spring break planting trees on reclaimed land of an abandoned coal mine in central Kentucky.
Radford University Recycling will host a Shred-A-Thon from noon to 4 p.m. on Tuesday, April 10 at Heth Clock Plaza.
Dalton Kitchen chefs are on a mission to reduce campus food waste.
Radford University’s Student Government Association and Sustainability office have joined a community effort to collect unwanted plastic bags and recycle them into benches that will be placed around campus.
The Highlander Cup Sustainability Competition begins Feb. 5, and the Radford University Sustainability Office is providing recycling facts and tips to prepare students for the residence hall completion.
Sustainability Archived News
June 24, 2010
Radford University Sustainability Efforts Recognized
March 25, 2010
Radford Earns "Cool School" Designation for Green Efforts
January 29, 2009
RU Received National Award for Sustainability Project
December 18, 2008
Two RU Buildings Receive Coveted ENERGY STAR Certification
- RU Wins State Environmental Excellence Awards
- University Powers up Battery Recycling Program
- Students' Unwanted Items Benefit YMCA in Move-Out Program
- Recycle It, Don’t Trash It: 12th Annual RecycleMania Begins
- Bright Lights, School Spirit Greet Dalton Hall Diners
- Energy-Saving Tips for the Holidays
- Sustainability Week on Radford Campus Will Offer a Movie, a Meal and More
- Mine Safety Expert to Speak at Radford
- Staff Picnic to be Most Ambitious “ZeWe” Event Yet
- Workshops Begin Climate Action Planning