The Registrar Office is responsible for the integrity of academic policies and maintaining student information and records from application to graduation. Contact us if you need help with your class schedule (adding/dropping), GPA, declaring or changing a major or minor, transcripts or transferals, and commencement.
Fall Registration Information
On July 1, online registration for the fall term was made unavailable as part of the transition from the JCHS student information system (PowerCampus) to the RU/RUC student information system (Banner).
You now have access to the Banner online registration system through the MyRU portal. Watch the video tutorial below on how to register for classes, or refer to written registration instructions [PDF].
Radford University Registration Tutorial
Please note the following important information about registration and your fall schedule:
- Your fall schedule was manually recreated by Registrar’s Office staff in the new student information system, so please be sure to review your schedule carefully to ensure that your schedule was recreated accurately. If you identify any discrepancies you can either contact the Registrar’s Office directly (540-985-8108; email@example.com), or you can make the proper adjustments yourself online.
- All course prefixes were changed from three characters to four characters. For example, HSC (Health Science) is now HSCI. View the a course prefix crosswalk [PDF] that shows all JCHS course prefixes and their new RUC course prefixes.
- Some course numbers have changed because of conflicts with existing Radford University course numbers.
- Instructors will be assigned to courses starting on Monday, July 15. The instructor assignment process should be complete by Friday, July 19.
- All RU and RUC courses are in the same online course schedule. RUC courses are identified in the schedule in two searchable ways. First, by campus code. RUC courses have a campus code of RC. Second, by what is called a course attribute. RUC courses have the following course attribute: RUC – Roanoke.
- The RU/RUC online registration system does not currently support course wait listing. Information will be sent to students who are currently on course wait list. If you have any questions or encounter any problems as you review and adjust your fall schedule, please contact the Registrar’s Office (540-985-8108; firstname.lastname@example.org; Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital, 4th Floor, Suite 417-419).