Student Health Services
For assistance with student health related services, a Nurse Navigator may be reached by calling 540-795-3273. She will assist students in becoming connected with appropriate providers whom are accepting new patients. The summer hours for the Nurse Navigator line are 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, from May 8, 2023 through August 11, 2023. Regular Nurse Navigator hours will resume on Monday, August 14, 2023.
The Nurse Navigator will offer the following services to RUC students:
- Provide independent medical consultation to students via telephone;
- Provide triage advice to students with the intent to connect them with the most appropriate care venue;
- Guide students as they navigate Carilion Clinic and other health systems of choice for referrals, follow-up appointments, and the completion of other care needs;
- Assist students with making appointments for primary or specialty services;
- Assist students in the identification of health needs and priorities; and
- Assist students in the appropriate use of insurance coverage and any necessary follow-up.