Student Health Services
Student health services for Radford University Carilion (RUC) can be reached by calling 540-795-3273. The services are available in the form of a dedicated Nurse Navigator position in partnership with Carilion Clinic. To speak with the RUC dedicated healthcare professional, please call the provided phone number Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The Nurse Navigator will offer the following services to RUC students:
- Provide independent medical consultation to students via telephone;
- Provide triage advice to students with the intent to connect them with the most appropriate care venue;
- Guide students as they navigate Carilion Clinic and other health systems of choice for referrals, follow-up appointments, and the completion of other care needs;
- Assist students with making appointments for primary or specialty services;
- Assist students in the identification of health needs and priorities; and
- Assist students in the appropriate use of insurance coverage and any necessary follow-up.
In addition to telehealth services through the Nurse Navigator, the student health primary care provider is the Carilion Colonial Family Medicine practice, which is located at 3369 Colonial Avenue SW in Roanoke. Carilion Colonial Family Medicine serves as the preferred provider for students needing to establish care for chronic or preventative needs. Appointments with the preferred provider will be made by the Nurse Navigator for individual students.
In-person and tele-behavioral health appointments are available. To schedule an appointment, please e-mail Jessica Prince at firstname.lastname@example.org or call RUC Student Affairs at 540-985-8395. You will need to complete paperwork your first visit, so please arrive 10 minutes early to that meeting.