Friendships forged in the Patrick Henry can last a lifetime, and our team of resident advisors works diligently to build a community of respect, trust, and growth.
Charlegmayne Gholson, Resident Director-Patrick Henry
540-224-4686, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., or
540-655-2942, Monday through Friday, between 5 p.m. and 7 a.m., all day Saturday and Sunday
The residence hall is located within the newly renovated Patrick Henry, which used to serve as a landmark hotel in downtown Roanoke. After the hotel closed, the building underwent extensive renovations and in 2011 was reopened as luxury apartments.
Students from Radford University Carilion reside on the third through fifth floors. There are three types of apartments: Studio apartments can hold up to two students; one bedroom apartments can hold up to three students; two bedroom apartments can hold up to five students. Each resident student receives one twin sized bed, one dresser, one desk, and one desk chair. Students are responsible for bringing their own kitchenware (plates, silverware, pots, pans, etc.).
Apartments in the Patrick Henry also feature hardwood floors, granite countertops, washer/dryer, and a full kitchen with stainless steel appliances (including both dishwasher and garbage disposal). Additionally, residents of the building have secure access to our dormitory floors through their RUC prox cards, on-site mail delivery from USPS/FedEx/UPS, and a fitness center featuring cardio equipment, free weights, and Xbox Kinect. Additionally, private food vendors are available on the ground level.
Gather or confirm the information you need to complete your application
- Emergency contact information.
- Medical conditions and prescribed medications.
- Personal cell phone number.
- Roommate request information – if you have a preferred roommate for next year you will need to know their Radford ID number to complete the application.
Log in to OneCampus.
Select the housing icon.
Select the Housing Applications link to complete your application.
- If you have any questions regarding the housing application process please contact the Residential Life Office (firstname.lastname@example.org, 540-831-5375).
- Make sure to answer all of the questions and supply accurate information on the application. We make room assignments based on your profile information, be sure to answer profile questions honestly.
- When your application and contract are complete, click the final submit button.
- After completing the application return to your homepage to confirm your application has been completed and submitted.
- If you want to edit any of the application information you can use these directions to access your account and make necessary updates or changes.
The median gross rent for an off campus apartment in Roanoke is just under $700 per month, and doesn’t include the cost of utilities, cable or high-speed internet.
The cost to live in The Patrick Henry for the Fall 2019-Spring 2020 academic year is a flat rate of $2,935 per semester. The fee covers rent, water, sewer, trash, electricity, cable, high-speed internet and access to an on-site gym. The Patrick Henry is a 5 minute walk to Radford University Carilion.
If you have questions or concerns about how to pay for housing, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 540-985-8492 or the Bursar’s Office 540-985-8272.
Fix-it Request Form
If you are locked out please call the Resident Director at 540-224-4686 during business hours Monday through Friday, or the Duty Phone at 540-655-2942 between 5 p.m. and 7 a.m.
If this is an emergency request, please call the emergency maintenance line at 800-934-8994.
If this is a health emergency, please call Carilion Police Department immediately at 540-981-7911.