Clinical Clearance

Clinical Checklists

  • Please select your program to access the current clinical checklist. (Requirements are subject to change at any time, but we will try to keep them up to date here.)
  • Instructions on CastleBranch, the online clinical clearance system used by Radford University, will be e-mailed to you within an appropriate timeframe of starting clinical rotations.

Emergency Services
Medical Laboratory Science
Nursing, Graduate
Nursing, Undergraduate
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Paramedic Bridge ConEd Course
PHHL Programs
Physician Assistant
Respiratory Therapy

Clinical Health Record

  • Undergraduate Nursing Students must complete the School of Nursing Health Record as part of their requirements.

School of Nursing Health Record

  • All other programs must complete pages 1-3 of the Clinical Health Record.  It is highly recommended to use page 5 for Immunizations and page 6 for the Physical, but these are not required.

Clinical Health Record

BLS Classes Available

The RUC Emergency Services Program sponsors American Heart Association BLS Classes for students and faculty.

Click here for our scheduled classes.

To register for a BLS Class:

  1. Login to “Starfish” from the OneCampus portal.
  2. Select “Services” from the menu.
  3. Select “BLS at RUC.”
  4. Follow the directions on the page to register for a course. 
  5. Make payment for the course ($60) through the conference service eStore (
  6. Bring a copy of your receipt to the course (copy on your phone is fine).

ALL BLS classes are in RUC Room 203 unless otherwise noted in confirmation email but is subject to change.

Classes may be cancelled due to weather, low registration, etc., so watch e-mail for updates.


  1. These offerings are open to ALL health sciences students, regardless of campus affiliation. All students should have access to register using Starfish.
  2. Please pay close attention to the cancellation policy. Not canceling your spot in a class prohibits others from taking the class. Please commit if you sign up. Refunds will NOT be issued.

If at any time you have problems scheduling or have questions about the class, please contact:
Lisa Graves
Administrative Assistant,  Emergency Services Program

Need a Copy of Your Health or Clinical Records?

Do We Have Them?
Did you start at Jefferson College of Health Sciences (JCHS)?

  • Past Students from 2017 – Fall 2019 (merger with Radford University): Your records will be on a 10-year retention schedule. As long as it has been less than 10 years since you last attended JCHS, we have your records.
  • Past Students from 2011 – 2016: Your records are on a 7-year retention schedule, so as long as it has been less than 7 years since you last attended Jefferson, we have your records.
  • Past Students from 2010 or before: I am sorry, but your files have been purged. Students that left the college before 2017 had a required retention record of 7 years, which has now passed.

Did you start at Radford University Carilion?

How Do I Request Them from JCHS Records?

  • Get the Authorization to Release form.
    - Stop by the Clinical Clearance office on the 4th floor of RUC.
    - Contact the Clinical Clearance Coordinator to get a copy e-mailed or faxed to you.
    - Download the Authorization for Release form below.
  • Fill out the form.
  • Return the form to the Health Records Specialist via fax or in-person.
    - DO NOT E-MAIL the form back, as it could be an unsecure method.
  • Allow 24-48 hours for records to be ready.

What Methods Can Be Used to Receive Them?

  • Fax.
  • Mail.
  • Pick up in person.

Click here to download the Authorization to Release Form

Student Health Services

Student health services for Radford University Carilion (RUC) can be reached by calling 540-795-3273. The services are available in the form of a dedicated Nurse Navigator position in partnership with Carilion Clinic. To speak with the RUC dedicated healthcare professional, please call the provided phone number Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

The Nurse Navigator will offer the following services to RUC students:

  • Provide independent medical consultation to students via telephone;
  • Provide triage advice to students with the intent to connect them with the most appropriate care venue;
  • Guide students as they navigate Carilion Clinic and other health systems of choice for referrals, follow-up appointments, and the completion of other care needs;
  • Assist students with making appointments for primary or specialty services;
  • Assist students in the identification of health needs and priorities; and
  • Assist students in the appropriate use of insurance coverage and any necessary follow-up.

In addition to telehealth services through the Nurse Navigator, the student health primary care provider is the Carilion Colonial Family Medicine practice, which is located at 3369 Colonial Avenue SW in Roanoke. Carilion Colonial Family Medicine serves as the preferred provider for students needing to establish care for chronic or preventative needs. Appointments with the preferred provider will be made by the Nurse Navigator for individual students.

Contact Us

Tracy Jones, MHA
Clinical Clearance Coordinator
Coordinator, Waldron College Staff Team
Radford University Carilion
101 Elm Ave., SE
Student Affairs Suite, 4th Floor, Room 424
Roanoke, VA 24013
Phone: 540-831-2040 / Fax:  540-985-8001