Academic Support Services
Academic Support Services helps students at Radford University Carilion improve through a variety of free, student-centered approaches. Our goal is to help students develop the skills and confidence they need to be independent learners in the classroom and beyond.
Schedule appointments at your convenience through RUC’s Starfish system in Blackboard, contact us directly, or visit us in Room 507 on campus and let us know how we can help you achieve academic success.
Our services include:
- PASS (Pathways to Academic Student Support) – meet with our PASS coaches to discuss general academic skills, including studying, test-taking, time management, organization and more!
- Subject Tutoring – our peer and professional tutors are trained to help you in a wide array of classes and subjects throughout the curriculum.
- Writing Assistance – our professional writing coaches work with students at every level to sharpen their writing, strengthen their arguments and become more confident as writers.
- Educational Testing Center – the ETC provides free proctored testing services for students on RUC’s campus.
- In-Class Workshops – faculty interested in partnering with Academic Support Services can request in-class visits and workshops tailored to a number of subjects.
Request for Proctoring Form
Schedule a proctored test in the RUC Educational Testing Center (ETC) with the online Request for Proctoring Form.
Al Overstreet, M. Ed.
Director of Academic Support Services
Administrative Assistant, Academic Support Services
Sarah Cox, M.A.
Assistant Director of Academic Support Services
Elliott Freeman, M.F.A.
Educational Testing Center
Office: Room 508