AP/IB/DE Credits

In order to receive credit for Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, and Dual Enrollment courses taken before attending Radford University you will need to submit transcripts, or test reports of your grades and test results. 

Advanced Placement (AP)

AP test results will need to be submitted and evaluated before credit may be given for the course. Score sheets can be obtained through your high school counseling office, or the testing agency College Board. See the Advanced Placement and College Level Exam Program section of the catalog.

International Baccalaureate (IB)

Radford University recognizes the advanced level of academic preparation demonstrated by the International Baccalaureate. Students entering Radford University with an IB Certificate will be awarded three to eight (3-8) semester hours of credit (up to 12 for Foreign Language) for each course completed at the Higher Level with a score of four through seven (4-7). See the International Baccalaureate Policy in the RU catalog.

Dual Enrollment (DE)

In order to receive DE credit to be counted, an official transcript must be received by the Radford University Registrar’s Office from the community college that the course was taken through. A high school transcript showing the grade in the course is not sufficient.

Review the VCCS transfer guide to see equivalences for DE courses taken at Virginia Community College System school’s, as well as Richard Bland College. If your DE courses were taken outside the Commonwealth of Virginia, then specific credit will need to be evaluated by the Registrar’s Office to determine credit.

If final transcripts, or test scores are not available at the time that you attend Quest: New Student Orientation then please bring unofficial copies of these documents to aid in advising for your first semester. Note that unofficial documents will not grant you credit for these courses, but will only assist staff for advising purposes.