Faculty Instructor Information
FI Hiring Process
The hiring process varies based on your history of teaching at Radford University and your employment classification. Please follow the relevant steps; we will contact you if any further information is needed.
It can take up to a month and a half to process hiring paperwork, so we appreciate receiving your documents as early as possible.
Hiring Process for New Instructors
- First, apply for the position, Adjunct Faculty – UNIV 100/UNIV 150, on the Radford jobs site: https://jobs.radford.edu/postings/5651. This step creates a paper trail that officially acknowledges you as an instructor of this course. While we need your real materials, we are not evaluating you based on the quality of what you upload. If we have further questions, we might contact you for an informal interview. The application requires:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter
- Transcripts (unofficial)
- Next, send us official transcripts from all institutions from which you have earned degrees, including undergrad. Please send transcripts to New Student and Family Programs at P.O. Box 6993, Radford, VA, 24142.
- Then download and complete the following forms. These forms should also be returned to New Student and Family Programs.
- Finally, visit us in Whitt Hall 101 during normal business hours to complete I-9 forms and any additional required paperwork.
Hiring Process for Returning Instructors
- Inform New Student and Family Programs of your desire to teach. Amber Smith can be reached at email@example.com.
Offers are based on availability, student feedback, peer instructor feedback, and other related information.
- If offered the position, complete and return your contract to New Student and Family Programs.
Am I Eligible to Teach?
|Policy Qualifications||Personal Qualifications|
Faculty instructors earn a stipend of $1,350 (taxed at the supplemental pay rate), which will be evenly disbursed from mid-September through the end of December. This compensation covers all teaching responsibilities for the fall semester as well as applicable spring and fall preparation.