In an era of growing demands for IT services, it is imperative that strong guiding principles are followed that will allow for the fulfillment of the Division of Information Technology's (DoIT) mission. This will require innovative strategic thinking before making technology decisions. To guide the strategic decisions for DoIT, and to align with the University's strategic vision, an IT Stratgic Plan was created and approved by the Board of Visitors in 2008. Since that time, the plan has been reviewed and updated appropriately on an annual basis.
In 2019, a new plan, the 2019-2024 Information Technology Strategic Plan, was developed to align with the University's new strategic plan, the 2018-2023 Strategic Plan: Embracing the Tradition and Envisioning the Future. The 2019-2024 Information Technology Strategic Plan is available here.
The plan focuses on the following:
- Goal 1: Academic Excellence, Innovative Teaching
- Goal 2: Strategic Enrollment Growth and Student Success
- Goal 3: IT Culture
- Goal 4: Operational Efficiencies and Access to Data
- Goal 5: Enhanced Services and Availability
- Goal 6: Secure IT Environment
- Goal 7: Communication and Branding