How to Apply to be a Kirk Scholar
Kirk Scholar Application deadline is March 17, 2017
Applicants will be notified of the status of their application prior to the course registration period. 3.0 GPA is required.
Letters of reference should be sent to:
International Education Center
105 Cook Hall
P.O. Box 7002
Radford, VA 24142
The application consists of:
- The online Kirk Scholar Application
- Personal Essay consisting of 500 words
- Explain why you want to be a Kirk Scholar.
Discuss how your participation in the program would enrich your education and enhance your career goals. You may wish to include the following:
- Why is it important to develop knowledge of the Chinese language, history, and culture?
- How will the travel to China benefit you educationally and personally?
- What previous event or experience has prompted you to apply?
- What previous language and travel experiences do you have?
- How successful have you been so far in mastering a foreign language?
- List of extra-curricular and community activities
- Two letters of reference/recommendation from educational or community leaders are to be emailed, mailed, or faxed (see above) by the recommender directly to the International Education Center.
If you have any questions, please contact the Radford University International Education Center at 540-831-6200 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.