The Highlander Knowledge Center (HKC), formerly the LARC, supports students in achieving academic success. Using a learner-centered approach, we offer free academic consulting and seminars to support students’ skills and confidence in navigating the opportunities and challenges of their coursework. Our focus is to help students develop and leverage their own strategies for learning that can extend beyond the questions that bring them to our center. We have tools and resources to support any student’s academic goals. Learn more about the HKC.
Our services include:
- One-on-one assistance and small group tutoring for writing, math, science courses, and more
- Short-term and sustained tutoring and skills groups
- Coaching on how to transfer study skills to a university setting
- Workshops and strategy guides on time management, test-taking approaches, and similar topics
Why make a visit to the HKC?
- Our services in the HKC are free for Radford University students!
- We have great spaces for group study.
- Our tutors have a demonstrated record of success in the courses for which they tutor.
- If you need something different than we offer, we can connect you with a wide variety of academic services around campus.
We look forward to your visit!