Artis College of Science and Technology
- Davis College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Welcome to the Radford University Planetarium
We've come to the end of the summer and are closed until early September, once the regular fall semester starts for Radford University. We really enjoyed all of the summer groups that we were able to host, and look forward to seeing everyone this coming fall. Look for our regular shows to restart then, along with some special additional shows and events.
Visitors: Free parking is available in Parking Lots C and B (next to the planetarium) after 6 p.m. on weekdays, and all day on weekends. For the Tuesday/Thursday afternoon shows there are a couple of meters in Lots C and B. However, it's best to park in Lot E across University Drive bridge and then take the 5-minute walk back over the bridge to the planetarium.
- Location: Center for the Sciences room M75 (Main Street level). Enter through the doors from Parking Lot C. Click on the map for a larger image.
- All shows are free and everyone is welcome to come join us!
- Seating capacity: 55 visitors (this is an absolute fire-code limit)
- All shows include a tour of the nighttime sky using our full-dome projection system. Some shows will also have a full-dome, professionally produced show on an astronomical topic. The shows are described below.
- No reservations required for the Tuesday/Thursday 4pm and 7pm shows, or the Saturday 10:30am shows. However, if you have a group of 35 or more please email/call ahead (24+ hours) to be sure there isn't another large group coming for the same show.
- We have hearing-assist receivers for our sound system--please bring your own earphones (1/16 inch [3.5mm] stereo jack).
- No food/drinks allowed in the planetarium!
Schedule a Group Visit
During the regular semesters special showings may be arranged for groups with a minimum size of 20. If you have a group that would like to visit the planetarium, please contact Dr. Rhett Herman at email@example.com (email preferred) or 540-831-5441. Please note that we will try to accommodate these requests based on our availability for the date and time requested.
"The Sky's the Limit-History of Constellations"
Thursday Nov 16
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Come join our regular sky tour and then experience the full dome show about constellations. Come see the original 48 constellations, and then the addition of others to fill in the southern sky. This program discusses how the constellations change with time as our own location in our galaxy changes. This full dome show was produced by Dr. David Wright at Tidewater Community College, and features original music by Mark C. Peterson of Loch Ness Productions.