Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
Welcome to the Radford University Planetarium
We've come to the end of the spring semester and the end of our regular shows. Thanks to everyone who came by to enjoy the experiences that we can offer. Throughout the summer, if you have a group (10 or more) that would like to visit the planetarium, please contact Dr. R. Herman, email@example.com, to schedule this. Most of these will be Monday-Thursday between 10am-4pm. However, there may be possibilities for other times for larger groups (20 or more). At some point circumstances may allow for some regular shows to be scheduled. If that happens, that will be posted here and on the Radford University Planetarium Facebook page.
Free parking is available in Parking Lots C and B (next to the planetarium) after 6 p.m. on weekdays, and all day on weekends. For the Tuesday/Thursday afternoon shows there are a couple of meters in Lots C and B. However, it's best to park in Lot E across University Drive bridge and then take the 5-minute walk back over the bridge to the planetarium.
- Location: Center for the Sciences room M75 (Main Street level). Enter through the doors from Parking Lot C. Click on the map for a larger image.
- All shows are free and everyone is welcome to come join us!
- Seating capacity: 55 visitors (this is an absolute fire-code limit)
- All shows include a tour of the nighttime sky using our full-dome projection system. Some shows will also have a full-dome, professionally produced show on an astronomical topic. The shows are described below.
- No reservations required for the Tuesday/Thursday 4pm and 7pm shows, or the Saturday 10:30am shows. However, if you have a group of 35 or more please email/call ahead (24+ hours) to be sure there isn't another large group coming for the same show.
- We have hearing-assist receivers for our sound system--please bring your own earphones (1/16 inch [3.5mm] stereo jack).
- No food/drinks allowed in the planetarium!
Schedule a Group Visit
During the regular semesters special showings may be arranged for groups with a minimum size of 20. If you have a group that would like to visit the planetarium, please contact Dr. Rhett Herman at firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred) or 540-831-5441. Please note that we will try to accommodate these requests based on our availability for the date and time requested.
"The Sky's the Limit"
Thursday Apr 20
4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Come join us as we take you through the night sky, the solar system and the universe for these afternoon shows. Each show will be a bit different and you never know where you'll go!