Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
- Biology Department
- Pre-Health Advisory Committee
- GIS Center
- Museum of the Earth Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Chemistry Department
- Radford University Planetarium
- Department of Physics
- Anthropological Sciences
- Selu Observatory
- Center for Information Safety and Security
- Department of Information Technology
- Forensic Science Institute
- Geospatial Science
- MS in Data And Information Management
RU Research Analyst
Reporting to the Director of Institutional Research, Reporting, and Assessment, the Research Analyst prepares data and statistical reports to internal constituents for planning, improvement, and assessment. This position performs data analysis using statistical methods and applied research techniques, and assists with reporting to external agencies. The Research Analyst develops and revises queries and reports to support decision making and information needs for a variety of academic and administrative departments across the University. This position contributes to promoting the University's culture of evidence by generating valid, reliable, and useful information.
- Demonstrated experience executing queries against relational databases using SQL (Structured Query Language), Oracle, or other frameworks.
- Statistical analysis skills with experience in one or more of the following software packages: Excel, Access, SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences), SAS (Statistical Analysis System), STATA, and/or R.
- Knowledge of planning, research, and analysis techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Strong problem solving, project management, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in data collection, analysis, and presentation skills, both verbally and written, including the effective use of data visualizations to enhance reporting.
- Demonstrated success in working independently and collaboratively in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
Required Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Name and Contact Information of Reference 1
- Name and Contact Information of Reference 2
- Name and Contact Information of Reference 3