ANNOUNCING THE 2005 SOUTHEASTERN COMPOSERS' LEAGUE CONFERENCE
LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY, MARCH 10-12, 2005
Our faculty performers include: flute/oboe; clarinet; trumpet; tuba; percussion;
violin and guitar. The following student groups will also be available: trumpet ensemble (8
players) and low brass ensemble (4 tubas, 4 euphoniums & 4 trombones). The Wind Ensemble
and the Chamber Singers will also be available to perform. At present we are only able to provide
digital, stereo playback of CD's and DAT formats. Composers are more that welcome to provide
their own performers.
1. A score (and recording if available) of each piece submitted
2. An information sheet for each work, containing title of work, composer's name,
instrumentation, accurate timing, technical needs, whether performers can be supplied
3. Program notes for each work
4. A set of parts for small ensemble works
5. SASE for return of materials
6. A stamped, self-addressed post card for notification of receipt of materials
7. A one-paragraph bio
Composers having a work scheduled for performance must attend the conference
and be a
member of the Southeastern Composers' League.
Deadline for receipt of all materials is Tuesday, November 30, 2004.
Submit all materials to:
2005 SCL Conference
Dr. Joe L. Alexander
Louisiana Tech University
PO Box 8608
Ruston, LA 71272-0034
Further details will be posted as they become available.