Fitness Center Policies
Radford University fitness centers are open to Radford University students, faculty, and staff, with a valid RU ID.
Children under 18 are not allowed unless accompanied by a parent and must have a valid RU ID.
Conference guests may use the facility and must present a valid RU conference card and sign in with the student worker.
For safety reasons, personal items, bags and other items are to be stored on shelves only and not on the fitness center floor.
The fitness center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Water is permitted in the main area of the fitness center in a sealable, plastic container. Gatorade and other sports drinks may be kept at the shelves.
Food is not permitted in the fitness center.
Stereo music is controlled by fitness center staff. Television sound can be heard over FM radio by tuning the dial to the set channel of the television. Personal radios are not permitted without headphones.
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times.
- Absolutely no sandals, open toed or open-backed shoes are permitted.
- Shirt must be worn at all times.
- No jeans or jean shorts allowed.
Patrons are required to pick-up after themselves, discard trash, and remove personal items.
All patrons are required to wipe down cardio and weight room equipment after each use. Fitness wipes or paper towels and disinfecting spray are available for use.
- Report damaged equipment, unsafe exercise, or bathroom conditions immediately to Student worker.
- Report injuries immediately to the Student worker.
- Intermittent clean-up will occur during operation to provide a safe/sanitary environment.
- Weight room protocol:
- All weight training should be performed in a controlled, safe manner.
- Patrons should use extreme caution when lifting weights to avoid potential injury to themselves or others.
- Use of equipment other than its designed function is prohibited.
- Other patrons are allowed to “work in” between sets.
- Return weights to the tree or rack.
- Weights may not be set against the wall, mirror, benches or other equipment.
- Weights or dumbbells may not be dropped on the floor or benches.
- Cardiovascular Area protocol:
- During busy times or whenever someone is waiting for a cardio machine, observe the 30-minute time limit on all cardio equipment.
- Wipe down equipment after each use.
- Guest Policy:
- Guest are permitted Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only and one guest per patron with valid RU ID.
- Smoking and tobacco products are not permitted in the fitness center.
- The Student workers on duty are ultimately responsible for enforcing all rules, regulations, and procedures. If at any time a patron does not comply with the rules and/ or the worker on duty, the patron will be asked to leave, and/or his/her fitness center privileges may be revoked from Peters Hall Fitness Center and Muse Hall Fitness Center and Weight Room. The Manager on Duty has the right to seek the help of Campus Police whenever these situations occur.