Answers To The Alcohol Quiz
- Alcohol is a mood altering stimulant.
FALSE - Alcohol is a mood altering drug that depresses
- Drinking coffee or taking a cold shower will sober you up.
FALSE - Nothing but time will sober a drunk.
- The affects that alcohol has on the body vary according to the
TRUE - The affect that alcohol has on you is dependant on
your sex, your weight, how fast you metabolize alcohol, the situation,
your mood, and presence of food in the stomach. If you are a woman,
the affects also depend on the time of your menstral cycle and if you
are on the birth control pill.
- The most serious consequence of consuming alcohol is a hangover in
FALSE - The consumption of enough alcohol will cause death.
This level is dependant on the individual.
- Blood alcohol charts are a safe and accurate means of determining
how much alcohol is circulating in your blood stream.
FALSE - Often these charts only take into account your
weight and the number of drinks that you have drank. These charts
can be used as a guideline, but there are no guarantees to their
validity in regards to you.
- If an intoxicated person is semiconscious, you should encourage
FALSE - Encouraging the semiconscious person to vomit could
cause choking and/or aspiration.
- Women respond to alcohol differently than men do.
TRUE - Women respond more quickly to alcohol due to their
smaller body size and body fat distribution, a decreased amount of
alcohol metabolizing enzyme, and due to increased hormonal changes.
- In Virginia, if you are under 21 and are caught driving with a
blood alcohol level of 0.05, you could lose your drivers license for six
TRUE - In Virginia persons under 21 with a blood alcohol
level of 0.02 - 0.79% will lose their drivers license for six months.
A blood alcohol level over 0.8 results in a DUI.
- Alcohol increases your sexual drive and ability.
TRUE AND FALSE - Alcohol decreases your inhibitions, which
factor into an increased sexual drive. However, alcohol decreases
sexual functioning and is linked to the reduction of the male hormone
- It is okay to put your drunk, passed out friend to bed and go back
to the party.
FALSE - NEVER LEAVE AN INTOXICATED PERSON ALONE. Stay with
the person and frequently assess them for alcohol poisoning.