Provisional World Parliament
Sponsors and Organizing Agents for the Parliament:
World Constitution and Parliament Association (WCPA)
Institute on World Problems (IOWP)
Offices and Contacts
Offices and Contacts
Africa Office: Lome, Togo. Dr. Dominique Balouki tel. 228-900-0578
Asia Office: Chennai, India. Prof. R. Ananthanarayanan tel. 044 - 24939233
Lucknow, India: Dr. Preeti Shankar tel. 91-522-263-8606, 91-522-263-8483
Delhi, India: Mr. Amit Paul tel. 090-1330-6169, 099-9925-1257
Malaysia: Puan Sri Datin Seri N. Saraswathy Devi tel. 603-2142-8075
Costa Rica: Lic. Celina Garcia Fundacion CEPPA. tel. 506-2234-0524
North America: Dr. Glen T. Martin 313 7th Ave., Radford, VA 24141, US, email@example.com
Dr. Eugenia Almand: Atlanta, GA, US, firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Phyllis Turk, CNM, Virginia, USA:
The Executive Council
The Executive Council
Glen T. Martin
President: Dr. Glen T. Martin
Secretary-General: Dr. Eugenia Almand
Vice-Presidents and Distinguished Advisors:
Md. Sarwar Alam, Canada
Prof. R. Ananthanarayanan, Chennai, India
Dr. Dominique Balouki, Togo
Dr. Ramadan Breki, Libya
Dr. Santinath Chattopadhyay, Kolkata, India
Swami S A R P V Chaturvedi, Chennai, India
Puan Sri Datin Seri N. Saraswathy Devi, Malaysia
Ms. Zaklina Dimovska, Macedonia
Dr. Jagdish Gandhi, Lucknow, India
Lic. Celina Garcia, Costa Rica
Mr. Peter Graves-Goodman, Miami, USA
Dr. Dauji Gupta, Lucknow, India
Mr. Mahbubul Islam, Bangladesh
Dr. Roger Kotila, San Francisco, USA
Rev. Nomhle Mahalawe, South Africa
Sri E. P. Menon, Bangalore, India
Mr. Amit Paul, Delhi, India
Dr. Preeti Shankar
Dr. Klaus Schlichtmann, Germany/Japan
Dr. Phichai Tovivich, Thailand
Major 14th Session
World Legislative Acts:
Declaration of the 14th session of Parliament
We participants in the 14th session of the Provisional World Parliament stand in astonishment before a world apparently in the process of disintegration and self-destruction.
We call upon all residents of Earth to participate in the measured direct popular referendum regarding the Earth Constitution, described in part by the Guideline Call adopted by this 14th Session of World Parliament.
Fourteenth Session of the
Provisional World Parliament
December 27-29, 2015, Kolkata, India.
Hosted by the International Society
for Intercultural Study and Research (ISISAR) within a larger international peace
"World Thinkers & Writers Peace Meet,"
27-31 December 27-31, 2015.
An International Philosophers for Peace (IPPNO) Conference
will also take place in this context on December 30-31st, 2015
on the theme "Religions, Cultural Harmony, and Peace."
to this call:
Signatories to this call:
Dr. Glen T. Martin , USA, President, WCPA
Eugenia Almand, J.D., Earth, Secretary-General, WCPA
Dr. R. Ananthanarayanan, General Secretary, WCPA Asia
Dr. Dominique Balouki , Togo, Coordinator for Africa
Dr. Santinath Chattopadhyay, India, Vice-President, WCPA
Puan Sri Datin Seri N. Saraswathy Devi, Malaysia, WCPA
Ms. Zaklina Dimovska, Macedonia, Vice-President, WCPA
Mr. Kevin Edds,
USA, Vice-President, WCPA
Mr. Kevin Edds, USA, Vice-President, WCPA
Lic. Celina Garcia, Costa Rica, Vice-President, WCPA
Dr. Jagdish Gandhi,
Lucknow, India, Vice-President, WCPA
Dr. Jagdish Gandhi, Lucknow, India, Vice-President, WCPA
Graves-Goodman, USA, Vice-President, WCPA
Mr. Peter Graves-Goodman, USA, Vice-President, WCPA
Dr. Dauji Gupta, India, Vice-President, WCPA
Mr. Mahbubul Islam, Bangladesh, Youth Coordinator
Dr. Roger Kotila, USA, Vice-President, WCPA
Rev. Nomhle Mahlawe, South Africa, Vice-President, WCPA
Dr. Patricia Murphy, Chair, International Advisory Board, IPPNO
Dr. Mar Peter-Raoul, USA, Treasurer, IPPNO
Dr. Reinhart Ruge, Mexico, Honorary President for Life
Dr. Preeti Shankar, Lucknow, India, Vice-President, WCPA
Dr. Phichai Tovivich, Thailand, Vice-President, WCPA
MS, USA, Treasurer, WCPA
Phyllis Turk, MS, USA, Treasurer, WCPA
To all world citizens and persons
concerned about the future of humanity:
The World Constitution and Parliament Association (WCPA), organizing agent for the Provisional World Parliament, arranged the Fourteenth Session of the Provisional World Parliament for Kolkata, India, December 28-29, 2015. The Parliament is hosted by the International Society for Intercultural Study and Research (ISISAR), based in Kolkata.
We issued this call in conformance with Article 19 of the Constitution for the Federation of Earth, which recognizes the legal right of the people of Earth to begin Provisional World Government until such time as the Earth Constitution has been fully ratified under the provisions set forth in Article 17.
The developing Earth Federation Movement (EFM) is expressed in these historic parliaments held in Brighton, England (1982), New Delhi, India (1985), Miami Beach, USA (1987), Barcelona, Spain (1996), Malta (2001), Bangkok, Thailand (March 2003), Chennai, India (December 2003), Lucknow, India (2004), Tripoli, Libya (2006), Kara, Togo (2007), Nainital, India (2009), Kolkata, India (2012) and Lucknow, India (2013), Kolkata, India (2015). We are building a truly new world order within the shell of the old!!
Today's world situation calls for a World Parliament to continually build the body of world law, modeling for the rest of the world the way human problems are properly addressed. It also demands immediate action to establish democratic world government in accordance with the Constitution for the Federation of Earth. Global climate change continues to create disaster for peoples everywhere and is getting worse each day. Global weapons of mass destruction continue to threaten the existence of life on Earth. Depleted uranium weapons used massively in Iraq and Afghanistan continue to poison our planetary environment forever. Global tyranny under the world's superpower increases daily. The resources of the Earth (land, forests, fisheries, clean water) disappear at astonishing rates. Pollution and toxic waste contaminate ever larger portions of the Earth. We must act now!
The Parliament considers provisional world legislation. It is not a mere conference inviting endless speeches. Details of registration are below. Information will also be posted on these websites: www.earth-constitution.org. www.worldproblems.net. www.earthfederation.info, www.radford.edu/gmartin, and
A Pledge of Allegiance to the Federation of Earth
I pledge allegiance to the Constitution for the Federation of Earth,
And to the Republic of free world citizens for which it stands,
One Earth Federation, protecting by law the rich diversity of the Earth's citizens,
One Earth Federation, protecting the precious ecology of our planet.
I pledge allegiance to the World Parliament representing all nations and peoples,
And to the democratic processes by which it proceeds,
One law for the Earth, with freedom and equality for all,
One standard of justice, with a bill of rights protecting each.
I pledge allegiance to the future generations protected by the Earth Constitution,
And to the unity, integrity, and beauty of humankind, living in harmony on the Earth,
One Earth Federation, conceived in love, truth, and hope,
with peace and prosperity for all.
Signature __________________________ Date____________
Printed Name _______________________________________
Complete address and country__________________________
Send signed copy to Dr. Glen T. Martin, email@example.com,
313 Seventh Ave., Radford VA, 24141, USA
What are Provisional World Legislative Acts ?
The Provisional World Parliament (PWP) considers proposed legislative acts (bills) and parliamentary resolutions. Any person who is signatory to the Earth Constitution may propose bills for consideration by the Parliament.
Delegates at the session of Parliament will also formulate a resolution expressing the views of that session of the PWP, to be voted on the final day of proceedings.
Those wishing to propose a bill should study the body of legislation already passed by the Parliament so as to avoid duplication. This legislation may be found at www.worldproblems.net. Bills must also conform to the Earth Constitution.
Second, those wishing to propose a bill should use proper parliamentary form and drafting conventions. Links to proper parliamentary conventions can be found at this same website.
Third, proposed legislation must be submitted at least 60 days in advance of the session for review to the Legislative Drafting Committee (by October 1, 2015). This committee is headed by Dr. Eugenia Almand: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the legislative proposal has passed review and met these requirements, it will be posted as soon as possible before the session of Parliament at the major websites, especially www.world problems.net, www.wcpa.biz, and www.radford.edu/gmartin.
Executive Summary of main provisions
CONSTITUTION FOR THE OF EARTH
The Constitution for the Federation of Earth was developed and adopted by 4 sessions of World Constituent Assembly meeting around the world in 1968, 1977, 1979 & 1991, all organized by WCPA. The process of ratification by the peoples and nations of Earth under Article 17 is currently under way.
From the Preamble:
Conscious of our obligation to posterity to save Humanity from imminent and total annihilation;
Conscious that Humanity is One despite the existence of diverse nations, races, creeds, ideologies and cultures and that the principle of unity in diversity is the basis for a new age when war shall be outlawed and peace prevail; when the earth's total resources shall be equitably used for human welfare; and when basic human rights and responsibilities shall be shared by all without discrimination;
Conscious of the inescapable reality that the greatest hope for the survival of life on earth is the establishment of a democratic world government;
We, citizens of the world, hereby resolve to establish a world federation to be governed in accordance with this constitution for the Federation of Earth.
Broad functions of Earth
are the following:
Basic structure of Earth
is the following:
Organs of the Earth
are the following:
4. This Earth Constitution grants Earth Federation the jurisdiction and powers necessary to ensure the effective broad functions of the Earth Federation. Earth Federation must have no military power, but may use world legislation, administration, education, finance, civil police enforcement system, world court system, ombudsmus public defense and other regulatory powers to ensure effective enforcement of world law.
World Parliament composes
of three legislative houses,
to consider, adopt, amend and repeal World
* Nations appoint or elect House of Nations.
* University students and faculty of World Regions nominate regional candidates from anywhere for House of Counselors. People of Earth may launch initiatives for world legislation, and may vote on referenda submitted from World Parliament.
6. World Parliament elects and supervises a World Executive and an Executive Cabinet of 30 ministers, all MPs. The World Executive may neither veto nor suspend the World Parliament nor the Earth Constitution. The World Executive has no military power.
7. The 30 Cabinet Ministers and Vice Presidents head the World Administration of about 30 ministries.
8. Broad functions that naturally duplicate within each ministry integrate in agencies of the Integrative Complex.
9. Benches form a World Judiciary, including World Supreme Court, Regional World Courts and District World Courts, having mandatory jurisdiction over different kinds of issues.
10. The Enforcement System. World Parliament elects an Office of World Attorneys General with 5 World Attorneys General and commission of 20 Regional World Attorneys, to head non-military Enforcement System. World Police apprehend individual suspected lawbreakers. World Parliament regulates World Police, which shall follow due process, and obtain warrants for search & arrests.
11. World Ombudsmus. House of Counselors nominates and World Parliament elects a World Ombudsmus Council of 5 World Ombudsen and Commission of 20 Regional World Advocates to protect human rights and ensure proper government functioning.
12. Bill of Rights guarantees inalienable human rights, including all those customarily guaranteed by civil nations: equal rights, equal protection, freedom of expression, association & religion, habeas corpus rights, universal suffrage, property, privacy, & other prohibitions against government intrusions.
13. Directive Principles of 19 sections list additional civil rights and benefits to be guaranteed and implemented over time for all people.
14. To the Nations, the Earth Federation guarantees the following: full faith and credit to public acts, records, legislation and judicial proceedings of member nations; nations retain jurisdiction over internal affairs; asylum for refuge seekers from nations not in Earth Federation
15. World Parliament establishes five world capitals in 5 Continental Divisions.
16. The people of Earth have ownership and Earth Federation has jurisdiction of all oceans from 20 kilometers offshore, the sea beds, vital straits, channels, canals, the Moon and the atmosphere from 1 km. above the general surface of the land.
17. Earth Constitution implements by stages: Provisional Earth Federation, before 25 countries or before World Districts including 10% of world population have ratified.
First Operative Stage, when 25 countries or World Districts including 10% of world population have ratified, or equivalent mix. Second Operative Stage, when 50% of countries and World Districts including 50% of world population have ratified, or equivalent mix.
Full Operative Stage, when 80% of countries, comprising 90% of world population, have ratified.
18. People may initiate amendment procedures of the Earth Constitution.
19. Provisional World Parliament may adopt world legislation prior to first operative stage, subject to re-confirmation by World Parliament. Provisional World Government may begin.
* * * * * * *
he Constitution for the Federation of Earth has been translated into 23 languages and is available in several languages on the Institute on World Problems website (www.worldproblems.net).
It is published as a separate volume (with an introduction and commentary by Dr. Glen T. Martin) by the Institute for Economic Democracy Press: www.ied.info.
"Let us raise a standard to which
the wise and honest can repair."