The World Constitution and Parliament Association is very proud to announce Dr. Klaus Schlichtmann, internationally recognized world federalist and peace historian, as Distinguished Advisor for WCPA.
Dr. Klaus Schlichtmann, Peace Historian
WCPA is also proud to announce the commencement of a Venezuela Chapter in association with the PROUT movement in Venezuela.
The World Constitution and Parliament Association is also very proud to announce Puan Sri Datin Seri N. Saraswathy Devi as an honored member of its Worldwide Executive Council and Vice-President for WCPA. Puan Sri Datin Seri N. Saraswathy Devi is a prominent international lawyer from Malaysia and Chair of the International Women Lawyers’ Committee against Human Trafficking. She sponsored and attended the 11th session of the Provisional World Parliament in Nainital, India, and the 12th session of the Parliament in Kolkata, India, lending her considerable legal expertise to the discussion of proposed world legislative acts. We are delighted that Ms. Devi has also agreed to serve as a sponsor and promoter for the 13th session of the Parliament that will take place in Lucknow 14-16 December 2013.
Madam Saraswathy Devi, Malaysia, Glen T. Martin, and Mrs. Ayo Ayoola-Amale, Nigeria
1. The project for the development of the first ever permanent bench of the World Court System in Costa Rica continues into 2016 and 2017. We are collecting names of supreme court and retired supreme court justices from many countries who become part of the Collegium of World Judges as mandated by the Earth Constitution. From this group, the initial bench of the World Court for Public Cases will be constituted. The Bill for activating the Collegium was passed at the 12th session of the Parliament in 2013:Bill for initiating the Collegium of World Judges.
A number of WCPA members from India had just come from the World Judiciary Summit in Lucknow, India (December 10-14, 2010) sponsored by Dr. Jagdish Gandhi and the City Montessori School at Lucknow. At the summit, that, like the Kolkata events, included many prominent peace activists and Supreme Court justices from around the world, all participants were given a copy of Constitution for the Federation of Earth - With Historical Introduction, Commentary, and Conclusion by Glen T. Martin. The justices formulated resolutions advocating the creation of a world parliament as the first step toward world peace and a transformed world system.
The bill introduced into the Parliament in Kolkata, written in cooperation with CMS leaders at the World Judiciary Summit, activated the Collegium of Judges that is called for by the Earth Constitution. The Constitution provides for the creation of a Collegium of Judges, between 20 and 60 in number, from which will be staffed the eight benches of the World Supreme court.
Article 19 of the Earth Constitution sanctions the development of Provisional World Government until such time as the final world government is activated through ratification of the Earth Constitution. The Provisional World Parliament operates under Article 19. This bill would add a second agency of Provisional World Government through creation of a Provisional World Supreme Court System. This court already has ample provisional world criminal law and other statutes to guide its operations as passed by the PWP since the first session in 1982 as well as the framework of the Earth Constitution itself.
Qualification to the Collegium of World Judges requires a judge be retired from the Supreme Court of any nation on Earth who voluntarily wishes to participate in the Collegium and ratifies the Earth Constitution. The Collegium under the Constitution appoints its own members to the Supreme Court system. Retired Supreme Court Justices from all nations are invited to join the Collegium, which operates according to theConstitution for the Federation of Earth. An entire new branch of Provisional World Government was therefore enacted at Kolkata. This alone would have justified the time and expense of organizing this session of Parliament.
2. At the 14th session of the Provisional World Parliament meeting in Kolkata 27-29 December 2015, two World Legislative Acts were passed that set up a process for merging the UN with the Earth Federation. (World Legislative Acts 64 and 65). During 2016 we will be printing up these acts and widely distributing them to relevant parties including all UN agencies.
3. Project of printing the "Merging the UN" legislative acts into a bound volume with the Earth Constitution and sending it to the heads of all UN agencies, thus making them aware that there is an opportunity for the UN to really accomplish its goal of world peace and sustainability through empowering their work.
4. Development of WCPA linked Macedonian peace, meditation, and world citizenship center in Skopie, Macedonia, led by WCPA Vice-President, Zaklina Dimovska.
Zaklina Dimovska, Macedonia, front center
Riccardo DiDone, Canada, with camera
At Aligarth Islam University, India. Dr. Manoj in the plaid vest next to our host, Dr Rashid Shaz
7. Work with Sri Ramanuja Mission Trust based in Chennai India and let by Swami S.A.R.P.V. Chaturvedi to promote peace work worldwide.
8. Promote projects in Costa Rica and Togo to
get 25,000 actual signatures in petitions to the
Parliaments of these countries requesting a
national referendum on the Earth Constitution.
Sri E. P. Menon, prominent Gandhian Social Leader, headquartered in Bangalore, India