Assistant Professor of English
Graduate Teaching Fellows Program Coordinator
Office: Russell 139
Office Phone: 831-5269
Campus Box 6935
For more information on the GTF Mentoring Program, Click here!
|Teaching and Research Interests
||Courses Taught at RU
|History of Rhetoric
||CORE 101: Essentials of Written and Oral Communication
| Middle English Biblical Drama
||CORE 102: Advanced Written and Oral Communication
||ENGL 202: Readings in British Literature
||ENGL 323: The Study of Drama
|Medieval English Literature
||ENGL 330: British Literary History I
|Late Medieval Lay Piety
||ENGL 470: Author in Context: Geoffrey Chaucer
||ENGL 651: Teaching Expository Writing
|Rhetorical Figures of Speech
||ENGL 655: Practicum in Teaching Writing
Papers Delivered at Professional Conferences
- "'I suppoce veryly it is for že tresspace of me': Hybridized Grief in the N-Town Betrayal." 47th International Congress on Medieval Studies, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, 10 May 2012.
- "Deliberative Certainty and the Salvation of Mankind: Pious Utterances in the N-Town Parliament of Heaven, Salutation, and Conception." 36th Annual Meeting of the Southeastern Medieval Association, Roanoke, VA, 20 November 2010.
- "The N-Town Presentation of Mary at the Temple and the Creation of Rhetorical Knowledge." 45th International Congress on Medieval Studies, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, 14 May 2010.
- "Joseph’s ‘Flowering Rod’ and the Balance of Human Counsel and Divine Revelation in The N-Town Marriage of Mary and Joseph." 44th International Congress on Medieval Studies, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, 7 May 2009.
- "After the Miracles are Over: The Audience’s Rhetorical Awareness in the York Entry into Jerusalem." 43rd International Congress on Medieval Studies, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, 8 May 2008.
- "A Game of Pride: Masculine Competition in the Towneley Crucifixion." 41st International Congress on Medieval Studies, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, 4 May 2006.
- "Reading Mixed Signals and Making Signposts: A Discussion of Student Understanding of the Significance of Plagiarism, the Signs of Teachers' Emotional Responses, and How We Signify Integrity." National Council of the Teachers of English 2004 Annual Convention, Indianapolis, IN, 19 November 2004.
- "Wulfstan, Augustine, and the Great Christian Orator." 39th International Congress on Medieval Studies, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, 5 May 2004.
- "Finding Similarities and Avoiding Caricatures: Bridging the Gap Between Process and Post-Process Theories." Council of Writing Program Administrators 2003 Summer Conference, Grand Rapids, MI, 11 July 2003.
- "Northern Pessimism and Christian Hope: Consolation in ‹The Wanderer.›" 19th Annual Graduate Student Conference in Medieval Studies, Brown University, Providence, RI, 14 April 2001.
- "Editing Chaucer Using Electronic Texts (Undergraduate Panel)." Medieval and Renaissance Forum, Plymouth State University, Plymouth, NH, April 1999.
For problems or questions regarding this web site contact Frank Napolitano
Last updated: 02/1/12.