413 Auburn Avenue Radford, Virginia 24141 540.639.6256 email: Chinook Cabinet Works
Not shown: Tabernacle of the Holy Sacrament. The furniture was built with the assistance of Joe Bilts, Larry Amy, Charlie Simpson, Laraine Simpson, John Reuwer, Paul and Lois Castonguay.
Additional pieces currently in fabrication for St. Jude:
Cantor's Stand (Efharisto design)
Reflection Bench for the Chapel of the Holy Sacrament (Chinook design)
Sanctuary - St. Jude Catholic Church
The sanctuary of St. Jude Catholic Church was completed in August of 1999. Designed by Martin Brothers, Architects in 1991-92, with liturgical appointments and stained glass designed by Stephana Toomey (Efharisto Studios, Catonsville, MD, telephone: 410.719.1043, www.efharistostudio.org). The building was erected in 1993. From 1993-1999 the congregation worshipped in the basement church hall until funds were raised to complete the structure. The church is located on Rt. 177, just outside of the city limits of Radford near Interstate 81 Exit 109.
FUNCTIONAL WORKS IN SHAKER AND COLONIAL STYLES
Heppelwhite end table with single, deep drawer. Cherry with pine secondary wood, reproduction brass pull. (1999) Also available in pine, oak, and walnut.
Blanket chest with hand cut dovetails. Oak with pine secondary wood. (2000) Also available in pine (with milk paint finish), cherry, and walnut.
Page created: 17 January 2000
Last modified: 17 January 2000
return to David Otis Castonguay's home page