Highlander Film Festival 2011
- Applicants must list any and all collaborators.
- The duration of each film must not exceed 30 minutes.
- Music and other copyrighted material, for which you are not claiming fair use, must be cleared for NON-EXCLUSIVE home video, educational, online, broadcast and theatrical distribution. Applicants submitting documentaries may use the " Documentary Filmmakers' Statement of Best Practices in Fair Use" as a guide located on the Center for Social Media website (centerforsocialmedia.org).
- Applicants may only submit one film per category.
Submissions MUST Have
- A DVD of your full submission for judging purposes AND a full resolution Quicktime file.
- CAMERAS CAN BE CHECKED OUT FROM THE MCCONNELL LIBRARY or if you're a ROC-TV member you may check out one of our cameras. If you are having trouble getting your film on a DVD or in the proper format please let someone from ROC- TV know or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to help you!
- Dramatic Short/Horror
- Submissions for the Music/Sound category will be judged on the best use of sound and/or original music.
Money and other prizes will be awarded to the best film in each category, chosen by a panel of judges (comprised of RU faculty and ROC-TV alumni). A 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize will also be awarded to the AUDIENCE CHOICE winners. Exact prizes to be announced (they will be even better than last year' s...trust us!).
The deadline for ALL submissions is Monday, MARCH 29th 2011 by 5 PM. Please bring your submission to Calhoun Hall and put it in the wooden drop box located inside right when you walk in..or you may submit it to ROC-TV.