- Uppuluri. P, Panelist,
Higher Education outreach efforts,
National K-12 Cybersecurity Education Conference, Linthicum, MD 2015
- Uppuluri. P, Panelist, Higher Education efforts: prepping for cyber defense competitions,
National K-12 Cybersecurity Education Conference, Linthicum, MD 2015
- Uppuluri. P, Panelist, K12 Working Group ,
The Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education (CISSE), Las Vegas, NV June 2015
- Chase, J. D., Uppuluri, P., Lewis-Williams, T. L., Barland, I., Pittges, J. J. (2015). Integrating
Live Projects Into Computing Curriculum. Proceedings of the 46th ACM Technical
Symposium on Computer Science Education (pp. 82–83). New York, NY, USA:
- Uppuluri, P., Chase, J. D., Pittges, J. J. (2015). Scare, Prepare and Dare: High impact, low
cost incorporation of cyber security into high school curriculum. (Roundtable) Maryland: The
Colloquium on Information Systems Security Education (CISSE).
- Uppuluri, P., Pittges, J. J., Chase, J. D. (2014). Scare and Prepare: Increasing Awareness,
Safety, and Passion for Cyber-security (Abstract Only). Proceedings of the 45th ACM
Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (pp. 720–720). New York,
NY, USA: ACM. http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/2538862.2544294
- Uppuluri, P., Pittges, J. J. In Ninth International Conference on Information Technology
(Ed.), A Comprehensive Undergraduate Application Security Project. New York, NY:
IEEE Computer Society. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/ITNG.2012.127
- Prem Uppuluri, Jeff Pittges, Robert Phillips,
Experiences in Designing and Implementing an Undergraduate Certificate in Information Security, Colloquium for Information Systems Security Education (CISSE), June 2010.
- Kenny King, Justin Rutherford, Prem Uppuluri, Executing Resource Intensive Applications on Mobile Devices, ACM Southeast, 2010
- Prem Uppuluri, Alok Tongaonkar, Vivek Diwakara, Vikas Rajegowda, Securing the interactions between X clients, International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Vol 9(9), pp 205-213, September 2009
- Prem Uppuluri, Maung Htay, Experiences Using New Technologies in a Computer Organization Course, International Conference on Information Technology, New Generations, IEEE Computer Press, April 2009
- Prem Uppuluri, Ajay Gupta: Resource Usage Policy Specification for Managing Application Resources. ITNG, IEEE Computer Press, April 2008
- Sachin Singh, Uday Joshi, Prem Uppuluri, A Lightweight file system for desktop grid computing, IEEE Conference on Information Technology: Next Generations IEEE Computer Press,April 2007
- Prem Uppuluri, Sachin Singh, Uday Joshi, RemoteFS: A file system extension for grid computing, ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, South Korea, 2007
Sanjay Kumar Madria, Kajal T. Claypool, Rajgopal Kannan, Prem Uppuluri, Manoj Madhava Gore, Editors, Distributed Computing and Internet Technology, Third International Conference, ICDCIT 2006, Bhubaneswar, India, December 20-23, 2006, Proceedings Springer 2006
- Vivek Diwakara, Vikas Rajegowda and Prem Uppuluri, Preventing Information Leaks in Xwindows, Intl. Conference on Communication Network and Information Security (CNIS), Phoenix Arizona, December 2005
- Prem Uppuluri, Narendra Jabisetti, Yugi Lee and Uday Joshi, P2P Grid: Service Oriented Framework for Resource Management, IEEE International Conference on Service Computing (co-located with International Conference on Web Services), IEEE Computer Press, July 2005.
- Prem Uppuluri and R. Sekar, A Language for Specifying, Monitoring and Enforcing
Security Behaviors, TBP, June 2004,
- Mayura Vuchuru, Prem Uppuluri, Uday Joshi and Arnab Ray, Security Policies to Detect TOCTOU attacks on File Systems Technical Report, May 2005 (Currently under review).
- Prem Uppuluri, Arnab Ray and Uday Joshi, Preventing Race Condition Attacks on File Systems, Security Track, ACM Symposium on Applied Computing, Santa Fe, NM, March 2005.[PDF]Errata (AR: 25%)
An expanded version of this paper, with substantially modified approach is available as a technical report (see the paper above this by Mayura Vuchuru, Prem Uppuluri, Uday Joshi and Arnab Ray). (Currently being reviewed for a Journal).
- Yanxin Wang, Johnny Wong, Andrew Miner and Prem Uppuluri, Improving Feature Selection in Anomaly Intrusion Detection Using Specifications, Workshop on Data Mining with Applications to Security, ICDCIT, Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS 3347), December 2004 (AR:33%) Errata
- Prem Uppuluri and Samik Basu, LASE: Layered Approach for Sensor Security and Efficiency, IEEE International Conference on Parallel Processing Workshops (ICPPW-04), IEEE Computer Press, Montreal, August 2004 [PDF] link
- Prem Uppuluri, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Using Behavior
Specification, Ph.D Dissertation, SUNY Stony Brook, August 2003,
. Please email me for a copy with the errata fixed.
- Prem Uppuluri, Intrusion Prevention/Detection Using Behavior
Specifications, Preliminary Dissertation Proposal, Dept. of Comp. Science, Stony
Brook, December 2002
- Prem Uppuluri and R. Sekar, Experiences with Specification Based Intrusion Detection
Advances in Intrusion Detection (RAID) October
- T. Bowen, M. Segal, R. Sekar, T. Shanbhag and Prem Uppuluri, Building Survivable Systems: An Integrated Approach based
Detection and Damage Containment, , IEEE DISCEX 2000, Hilton Head Island, SC [PS]
- R. Sekar and Prem Uppuluri, Synthesizing Fast Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems
Specifications, USENIX Security Symposium, 1999.
- R. Sekar and Prem Uppuluri, Classification of Linux System Calls, Technical Report,
Security Lab, SUNY Stony Brook, December 1999 [html]
- Runtime environment for Desktop Grid Computing, Supported by Radford Internal Research Grant, $16500
- Execution environment for resource intensive programs on mobile computing platforms.
- Responses to Intrusion Detection, Collaborators: Dr. Samik Basu, Iowa State University
Hybrid System Call Interposition, Supported by University of Missouri Research Board, PI: Prem Uppuluri
Trust Management Framework for Information Flow Collaborators: Samik Basu, Iowa State University, Ames IA
- Control Behavior Models
Collaborators: Samik Basu, Iowa State University, Ames IA
Specification Directed Anomaly Based Intrusion Detection Collaborators: Johnny Wong and Andrew Miner (both at Iowa State University, Ames IA)
- Specification Based Intrusion Detection/Prevention
Collaborator: R. Sekar, SUNY Stony Brook
- Programmable Adaptive Rapid Reactors
Collaborators: R. Sekar, SUNY Stony Brook
- Co-PI, Bridges and Pipelines to Success and Leadership in STEM, NSF grant of $597427, 2009 - 2013.
- Senior Investigator, ARROWS: Achieving Recruitment, Rentention and Outreach with STEP, NSF, 2005 - 2010 (left the project in August 2006 due to change in employer).
- PI, Hybrid System Call Interposition, University of Missouri Research Board, June 2004 - December 2005
- Justin Rutherford, Senior, Expected graduation date: May 2011
- Kenneth King, B.S, Worked on a research project. Currently: Technical Analyst, CGI Federal.
- David Durbin, B.S summer research project, May 2008, Currently:
- Vivek Diwakara, M.S - worked on a research project, Currently: Microsoft
- Vikas Rajegowda, M.S - worked on a research project, Currently: AcmePacket
- Praveen Lella, M.S - worked on a research project, Currently: JP Morgan Chase & Co, Kansas City, MO
- Uday Joshi, M.S Thesis, December 2005. Currently: Software Engineer, NetAppliance, CA
- Sachin Singh, M.S Thesis, October 2005. Currently: Software Engineer, Children's Mercy Hospital - Cardiology Dept, Kansas City, MO.
- Swetha Thummala, M.S Thesis, November 2005. Currently: Software Engineer, SBC Telecommunications, St. Louis, MO.
- Preethi Naik, M.S Thesis, August 2005, Currently: Software Engineer, Alcatel, CA
- Saurabh Pathak, M.S Thesis, 2005, Currently: Software Engineer, Ask Jeeves, New York
- Mayura Vuchuru, M.S Thesis, June 2005. Currently: Software Engineer, Microsoft, Redmond WA
Dissertation Program Committees
Return to homepage of Prem Uppuluri
- M.S committee, Nirav Shah (2004), Sushil Puradkar (2004), Madhura Maideo Janardhan (2005)
- Ph.D committee, Ajay Gupta SUNY Stony Brook, May 2004
Last Updated: May 22, 2008