Commitment to a Diverse Brotherhood
Founded from Diversity: Delta Sigma Pi was founded over a
hundred years ago to be America’s preeminent professional business
fraternity. Part of that founding was to form a brotherhood of people
from diverse walks of life, at a time when other organizations excluded
certain groups from membership. A great strength of our Fraternity is a
membership as diverse as the business world, for which we are preparing our members.
We are a mixture of different voices from different backgrounds
that challenge fixed ways of thinking and lead us to excellent ideas
at both the chapter level and in the business world.
A Diverse Fraternity: Delta Sigma Pi is a diverse brotherhood. We were the first professional business fraternity to go co-ed, admitting women in 1975. We welcome into our membership students of business who meet professional standards of admission, and our policies allow no exclusions based on race, ethnicity, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Diversity Ideals into Action: Delta Sigma Pi puts its commitment to a diverse brotherhood into action, going beyond a non-discrimination policy, and extends a Welcome to those of all walks of life who meet our professional standards. Every one of us is an individual with different abilities to offer, and we seek out and honor those differences. Delta Sigma Pi strives to provide fraternal friendships with people different than ourselves, giving that feeling of bonding that a fraternity of people with similar goals can uniquely give.
The following Brothers have, through their personal and professional achievements, distinguished themselves as exemplary Brothers of the fraternity. They have made significant contributions to business, government, education, entertainment, or the Fraternity
- Eduardo Aguirre, Jr., former Ambassador of the United States of America to Spain and Andorra
- Gordon Bethune, Chairman and CEO, Continental Airlines
- Henry W. Bloch, Honorary Chairman of the Board, H and R Block
- S. Truett Cathy, Founder and Chairman, Chick-fil-A, Inc.
- James F. Geer, Controller for Manufacturing, Coca-Cola USA
- Gregory W. Jones, President and CEO, State Farm General Insurance Company
- Gilman G. Louie, Partner, Alsop Louie Partners; Former President and CEO, In-Q-Tel, Inc
- Robert E. Lowder, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Colonial BancGroup, Inc.
- Russell G. Mawby, Chairman Emeritus, W. K. Kellogg Foundation
- Mike Michalowicz, Television Host, Angel Investor, Author of Toilet Paper Entrepreneur
- R. Michael Mondavi, Chairman of the Board, Robert Mondavi Winery
- Michael P. Morley, Chief Administrative Officer - Executive V.P., Eastman Kodak Company
- Dean R. O'Hare, Chairman and CEO, The Chubb Corporation
- David Oreck, Founder, Oreck Corporation
- Joseph A. Pichler, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Kroger Company
- Sam J. Sebastiani, Former Owner and President, Viansa Winery
- John G. Smale, Chairman of the Board and CEO (Retired), Procter and Gamble Company
- Dominic A. Tarantino, Chairman Emeritus, PricewaterhouseCoopers
Delta Sigma Pi Values
Professional:For more than 100 years, Delta Sigma Pi has encouraged, supported, and shaped the professional goals and personal aspirations of thousands of members. It is the foremost professional fraternity for men and women pursuing business careers.
Service:Delta Sigma Pi is dedicated to making a difference , because business has both a unique opportunity and a compelling duty to contribute to the larger community. Frequent involvement in the community instills deep feelings of brotherhood while developing business skills.
Scholarship:Delta Sigma Pi funds educational programs through the Delta Sigma Pi Leadership Foundation, which provides financial assistance for scholarships, leadership development and training, and personal and professional improvement. Funded by individual and corporate contributions, the Leadership Foundation offers many levels of participation.
Social:Delta Sigma Pi facilitates social activity among students, the community, and business organizations. The network of members around the world provides a wealth of business resources, professional contacts, continuing education opportunities, and community support to even the newest business graduate.