About the Website Redesign Project
In support of Radford University’s new brand platform, the university’s website will be undergoing a complete redesign. When completed in Fall 2015, Radford University will have a full responsive website that reflects the university’s new branding and will include improved functionality and navigation. The website will also migrate to the latest version of the content management system – Adobe Experience Manager 6.
The overhaul kicked off in March 2015 with on-campus discovery sessions. By summer, new design templates will be in place and content administrators may be asked to review their sites in the new format to ensure the content is presented appropriately. The fully redesigned site is expected to roll out in the fall.
More details about timelines will be distributed to content administrators across campus. For more information, please contact Jaime Hunt, Director of Web Strategy and Interactive Media, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Launch a redesigned website with a visual identity and content strategy that supports the university’s new brand platform as well as its recruitment and fundraising goals.
- Implement a responsive framework to provide an optimized experience regardless of the visitor’s device.
- Upgrade the content management system to the latest version
Benefits of the Redesign and Responsive Implementation
- An updated design to appeal to prospective students and their parents.
- A visual identity that is aligned with the new brand materials, providing consistency across the experience for visitors.
- Improved navigation architecture driven by analytics, best practices and focus groups/surveys.
- A responsive interface, improving the experience for the 25%+ visitors who visit the site on mobile phones or tablets.
Benefits of the CMS Upgrade
- Touch-optimized authoring, allowing content administrators to use touch screens or tablets to update their websites.
- Improved workflows to speed up authoring.
- Dynamic media allows images to resize dynamically to suit the monitor resolution.
- Enhancements to many components.
- Enhancements to functionality with the Digital Asset Manager
|Finalize procurement and SOWs||January-February 2015|
Focus groups with faculty, staff, undergraduate and graduate students, and administrators.
Surveys of prospective students, prospective parents and alumni.
|Upgrade the content management system||Upgrade from CQ5.6 to AEM 6.1||March-May 2015|
|Implementation of design||July-August 2015|
|Review of implementation||August 2015|
|Rollout of new site||September 2015|