The Office of Web Strategy and Interactive Media is dedicated to the strategic development of Radford University’s web presence. In addition to supporting the development of Radford University’s online brand, the team works closely with the campus community develop effective, appealing websites in support of the university’s strategic plan.
Responsibilities of the Office of Web Strategy and Interactive Media
- Manage and develop the “core” site of the Radford University website;
- Work with University departments to assist with Web-related issues including site design and development, message strategy, content creation, development of multimedia and social media channels, website templates, content management tools, analytics, usability, and information architecture;
- Oversee and provide guidance for all departments and individuals with Radford University websites;
- Provide writing and editorial support for departmental websites;
- Provide guidance on “landing pages” that appear on the university’s website, including sites promoting Homecoming, Commencement, Family Weekend, and Highlander Festival;
- Provide strategic direction for and manage the mobile website and mobile applications;
- Coordinate and produce the university’s strategic video projects;
- Provide strategic direction on e-communications, such as e-mail, e-newsletters, e-postcards and e-alerts;
- Perform research and analysis through site reviews, usability testing, online surveys and web traffic analysis;
- Provide training in the campus content management system and content development;
- Develop, maintain and disseminate university web standards;
- Continually assess evolving technology and develop best practices to ensure team resources are leveraged appropriately;
- Create, design and implement training sessions for campus users and others to increase understanding of practices and implications of communicating through web technology; and
- Analyze web site analytics, traffic patterns and search results to plan changes.