Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Faculty and Staff
Offering a quality professional education in social work is the primary goal of our School. The faculty is dedicated to helping students learn in an environment in which they will be encouraged to think beyond themselves and to inquire into the most complex, yet fundamental ideas about the human condition. In addition, ideas will be tested in the arena of practical experience, through intensive field practica. The struggle with ideas followed by testing them in the real worlds provides the opportunity to explore, to grow, and to become. The role of the faculty is to support, to challenge, and to help students become professional social workers who act compassionately, thoughtfully, and ethically.
The faculty is the heart of the school. They embody that which is best about higher education- open minds, lively encounters, and high academic standards. We are very fortunate to have gathered a group of interesting, talented persons who serve as teachers, mentors, and advisors. Talk with them, get to know them, and be prepared to stretch your mind in the process.
Dennis R. Cogswell
Professor Emeritus of Social Work