Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
About the School of Social Work
The School of Social Work is located near the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in Southwestern Virginia and nestled in the New River Valley. The university provides a serene setting for study, learning and for family-community gatherings.
While numerous distinct cultures and a wide variety of communities fall within the boundaries of the university’s interests, all believe in the importance and resilience of the family. The mutual influence of the university and the families and communities that surround it demands that university, family and community collaborate toward their mutual goals.
The School of Social Work, grounded in the rural, small city context of Appalachia and Southwestern Virginia, builds on the strengths of its unique locale as a point of departure for understanding differences. The School and the university are committed to enhancing diversity of all kinds and are particularly interested in reinforcing a global perspective through the education of its students who will live, work and contribute in a multicultural society.
Please feel free to watch some videos about our programs: