Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- Artis College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
How Does the Clinical Simulation Center Affect Patient Safety?
The Clinical Simulation Center will enhance teaching-learning strategies by developing and maintaining proficiency in five core areas identified by the Institute of Medicine (IOM). These are delivering patient-centered care, working as part of interdisciplinary teams, practicing evidenced-based care, focusing on quality improvement, and using information technology.
The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) also supports enhanced safety and quality of health care by incorporating technology as a fundamental support component of healthcare education programs and practice settings.