I. Purpose: To provide guidance to student and partnering agency faculty in case of inclement weather.
A. For RU West Clinical Simulation Center (CSC) Site:
1) The Radford CSC will follow Radford University (RU) closings and delays.
a. If RU is delayed, simulations scheduled during delayed hours are cancelled
b. If RU closed, all sessions are cancelled
2) WCC and NRCC students follow their own School of Nursing (SON) closings and delays. NOTE: If your SON is open and RU is closed do not report to the simulation center
B. For Roanoke Higher Education Center (RHEC) Site:
1) The Roanoke CSC will follow Roanoke Higher Education Center (RHEC) closings and delays.
a. If RHEC is delayed, simulations scheduled during delayed hours are cancelled
b. If RHEC is closed, all sessions are cancelled
2) JCHS, PHCC and VWCC students follow their own School of Nursing (SON) closings and delays. NOTE: If your SON is open and RHEC is closed do not report to the simulation center
3) RU Students follow RU student handbook which states that RU Roanoke Campus will follow RHEC inclement weather announcements.
C. Rescheduling – The CSC will make every attempt to reschedule sessions based on scheduling availability.
1) Reschedule high-fidelity or clinical front-loading (bootcamps) simulations will be done by CSC educator and SON faculty.
2) Rescheduling standardize patient simulations will be done by CSC administrator and SON faculty.
D. Contact information per site
RU West Center: Radford University – Radford Campus, New River Community College and Wytheville Community College
Margaret Mullins, MSN
Christina Keller, MSN
Jackie Muir, Admin
RHEC Center: Radford University - Roanoke Campus, Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Patrick Henry Community College and Virginia Western Community College
Millie Sowder, MSN
Lisa Foote, FNP
Roy Baugher, Admin