The current cycle for Admissions for the Class of 2017 is now closed. The Admissions Cycle for the Class of 2018 will be accessible July 1, 2014 via the PTCAS program website. We will be hosting information sessions within our department on the following dates:
- Thursday September 11, 2014
- Monday October 27, 2014
These will be from 6:00pm-8:00pm and you will have the opportunity to meet current students and faculty. We will be providing more information in the next few months.
Soft-October 15, 2014
Hard-December 15, 2014
Applicants who are interested in applying for the next Admissions Cycle (Class of 2018) apply to PTCAS starting July 1, 2014.
- Complete an application on PTCAS website. ATTENTION! Please be advised that all communications regarding your application, offers of Interview, Admission status, etc. will occur via PTCAS/WebAdMIT. Make sure to add email@example.com to your Safe senders list and to check your Spam or Junk mail folders.
- There is a $50 supplemental application fee that can be paid by check. Please mail your $50 check, payable to Radford University, College of Graduate and Professional Studies, Lucas Hall-P.O. Box 6928, Radford, VA 24142, or you may pay online at the link listed below under supplemental application materials at the time you apply. Include your PTCAS ID number in the memo field.
- Minimum 40 hours of clinical experience (volunteer or work-related) with a Licensed Physical Therapist.
Three (3) letters of recommendation:
- At least one (1) must be from a Physical Therapist
- At least one (1) must be from a Professor or instructor familiar with applicant's academic work.
- The third can be from any source.
Supplemental Application Materials:
- Payment of $50 supplemental application fee
- In-State Tuition Form
- SEVIS form (for international applicants)
Preferred Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores
- New Testing method:
- Verbal - 150
- Quantitative - 146
- Analytical - 3.5
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.25 (based on 4.0 scale) from an accredited 4 year institution.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (based on 4.0 scale) in math and sciences prerequisites as defined below:
- Anatomy and Physiology (4 credit hours)
- General Biology I and II with labs (8 credit hours)
- Chemistry I and II with labs (8 credit hours)
- Physics I and II with labs (8 credit hours)
- Statistics or Biostatistics (3 credit hours)
- Foreign applicants whose native language is not English must achieve an acceptable score on TOEFL examination and submit an approved credential report for coursework completed outside the United States.
- Minimal acceptable TOEFL scores are:
- Paper Based - 575
- Internet Based - 88-89
- Computer Based - 230
- Minimal acceptable TOEFL scores are:
- Recommended Courses
- Abnormal Psychology
- Public Speaking
- Technical Writing
- Personal interviews may be required; and no transfer credit will be allowed into the program due to step-lock sequencing.
- Due at initial on-site orientation, verification of required immunization and CPR certification(American Red Cross or American Heart Association), and completion of a criminal background check. Applicants are reminded that a felony conviction may affect a graduate’s opportunities to attain state licensure and/or administration of certification exams. Further details will be provided by the department. Applicants seeking additional information are encouraged to review information on the following websites:
Steps for Applicants to be considered for Onsite Interview:
- Have GRE scores sent to Radford University (ETS code 0373)
- Complete PTCAS application
- Complete RU Supplemental application and pay fee
Note: Application deadline is December 15 for all of the above to be completed
- AHPT 800 Anatomy- $500 Lab Fees
- AHPT 816 Theory and Practice I -$75*
- AHPT 826 Patient Management II - $75*
- AHPT 826 Theory and Practice II - $75*
- AHPT 844 Neuromuscular Development and Control I- $140^
- AHPT 860 Advanced Orthopedics - $140^
- AHPT 884 Pediatrics - $75*
*General Clinical Fee =$75
^Advanced Practice Fee=$140