The application deadline for a seat in Radford University’s next Master of Occupational Therapy class is May 15, 2015. You may apply online or submit a paper application with supporting documentation, to the College of Graduate and Professional Studies. Your application materials must include:
- A completed Radford University Application for Graduate Admission
- Official transcripts of all previous course work;
- Official scores from the GRE General Test;
- Evidence that you have completed a college or community class to learn a new activity or occupation. The activity should require physical skills as well as cognitive processing (for example, ceramics, wood carving, gardening, photography, yoga, guitar);
- A professional resume of your past and current educational and employment experiences;
- A typed Statement of Purpose: This is your opportunity to tell us why you want to earn the Master of Occupational Therapy degree at Radford University. In a two-page essay, discuss the development of your interest in occupational therapy, your skills and experiences related to working with special populations, and your aspirations and goals for a career as a health-care professional;
- Two letters of recommendation: Request letters from college professors, employers, or others who have worked with you in a professional capacity (no personal references, please). The letters should describe your academic skills, general work skills, and the personal qualities one needs to be a competent health-care professional;
- One or more letters from supervisors documenting your volunteer experience: A minimum of 40 hours observation of occupational therapy services and/or work with individuals who have disabilities is preferred. Experience with diverse populations and programs is highly recommended.
Applications will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee of the Department of Occupational Therapy. If you have met prerequisite requirements and submitted a complete application, we will contact you to schedule a visit to our campus.
If there are more qualified applicants than seats in the class, those with higher cumulative GPAs will be admitted first. Admission decisions will be announced by the end of May.