Radford University’s School of Nursing offers an online Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program to prepare registered nurses with a bachelor’s degree in nursing science (BSN), a master’s degree (MS), or a master’s degree in nursing science (MSN) for advanced nursing practice.
The program is distance-based to promote maximum flexibility while maintaining quality. Theory and research-based courses prepare our graduates to work in a variety of settings, and to provide leadership in health care
The program culminates in a residency tailor-made to the student’s learning needs and career goals. Upon completion of the DNP program, graduates are eligible for Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, Executive Nurse Leadership, and Nurse Midwifery Certification. The DNP program offers the required clinical and didactic courses in all concentrations and more than 1,000 clinical hours.
The certification boards are:
- The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- The American Midwifery Certification Board
In fall 2010 the Radford University School of Nursing began offering both a postbaccalaureate (BSN) and post-master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice program (DNP). The program is congruent with the American Association of Colleges of Nursing DNP Essentials and will prepare advanced practice nurses at the highest clinical level. The program is offered in a distance-learning format, delivering the program through online web-based classes.
Post-baccalaureate program concentrations will be approximately 81 credit hours and will include:
- FNP - family nurse practitioner
- PMH - psychiatric mental health (in collaboration with Shenandoah University)
- CNM - certified nurse midwifery initiative (in collaboration with Shenandoah University)
- NEL - nurse executive leadership
The post-master’s program will be approximately 30 credit hours and will be available to:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse Midwives
- Certified Nuse Specialists
- Psychiatric Mental Health Practitioners
- Nurse Executive Leadership
Full and part time status is available
Scholarships, loans and graduate teaching assistantships may be available dpendent upon funding from grants. Coordinator will inform applicants.