Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Southside Community Hospital
Type of Facility: Hospital/outpatient center
Distance From Campus: 146 miles
Academic/Clinical Prerequisites for Placement at the Facility:
Appropriate coursework in adult neurogenics, aphasia, language disorders, motor speech disorders, dysphagia, autism spectrum disorders, childhood apraxia of speech; minimum of two semesters at Radford University Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic.
Types of Activities Engaged at the Facility:
Evaluation and treatment, outpatient rehabilitation, acute care, modified barium swallow studies, staff meetings.
Age Range served: birth-geriatric
Number of clients served: varies
Disorders served: aphasia, apraxia of speech, articulation disorders, autism spectrum disorders, dysphagia, dysarthria, hearing impairments, fluency disorders, language disorders, phonological disorders, and voice disorders.
Number of graduate students accepted each semester: 1-2
Number of practicum days expected per week: 1-2
Student documentation required: TB skin test, criminal background check, hepatitis B, drug screen