Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Business and Economics
- College of Education and Human Development
- College of Graduate Studies and Research
- Waldron College of Health and Human Services
- College of Humanities and Behavioral Sciences
- College of Science and Technology
- College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Offices and Departments
Health South Southern Hills Rehabilitation
Type of Facility: Acute care/rehabilitation hospital
Distance From Campus: 75 miles
Academic/Clinical Prerequisites for Placement at the Facility:
Appropriate coursework in adult neurogenics, motor speech disorders, aphasia, dysphagia; minimum of two semesters at Radford University Speech, Language, and Hearing Clinic.
Types of Activities Engaged at the Facility:
Evaluation and treatment, inpatient/outpatient rehabilitation, modified barium swallow studies, patient/family education, in-service information/staff education, and interdisciplinary meetings.
Age Range served: 16-85+
Number of clients served: 8-10/day
Disorders served: aphasia, apraxia of speech, articulation disorders, dysphagia, dysarthria, language disorders, fluency disorders, phonological disorders, cognitive-linguistic disorders and voice disorders.
Number of graduate students accepted each semester: 1-2
Number of practicum days expected per week: 3
Student documentation required: TB skin test, physical